Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

good morning bustech and everybody.

SP500 is very bearish

looks like the up gaps are being sold in europe
5905 looks like a good target

Last edited:
the US ....have pushed up from fridays close but I think upside could be limited....looks like sp500 has had another crack at 1422 my charts show a bit of a gap up ..dow key level 13130 I think...as usual nasdaq weakest ..2660 needed for the santa rally....all cash

europe looks slightly better ftse holding 5890/5900 will keep the bulls happy ….cac/dax green lights but only just at the mo....maybe this fiscal cliff thing will screw it all anyway:)

I have a feeling the slowdown in the bullish trend could mean we are seeing some of the larger players position themselves for a reversal. Could be wrong, just a hunch. I think I have made my last play until after xmas anyway

I have a feeling the slowdown in the bullish trend could mean we are seeing some of the larger players position themselves for a reversal. Could be wrong, just a hunch. I think I have made my last play until after xmas anyway

morning SBS, take a look at 12 month chart of RIO/BLT

YEN crosse have all nearly closed the gap opening.

Japan 225 now down 0.50 after the close.

Risk off.

Morning SD, not at my pc atm but will check the charts in more detail once i return. From looking at the charts on my phone i can see they broke a lvl of previous res but its hard to see on such a small screen haha so i will know better later

big trades crossing on FTSE futures are people rolling forward december contracts, into march 2013.

open interest

dec 2012 596,903
mar 2013 103,714

Morning SD

Have we seen the high for the year in the FTSE now?

5990 was the high so far. , we need 100pts over 9.5 days

FTSE vol = 17

365/9.5 = 38.42, sqrt 38.42= 6.19,

FTSE vol 17/6.19 = 2.74 % (9.5 days vol.)

100pts /5990 =1.69%

very doable in theory, but FTSE is bearish so unlikely

Morning SD

Have we seen the high for the year in the FTSE now?

Bustech AAPL is very bearish which is affecting Nasdaq (aka appledaq)

this is creating poor sentiment for other indices

today FTSE seems to have broken the pattern of falling daily ranges, 42pt range in less than 3 hours.

Last edited:
5990 was the high so far. , we need 100pts over 9.5 days

FTSE vol = 17

365/9.5 = 38.42, sqrt 38.42= 6.19,

FTSE vol 17/6.19 = 2.74 % (9.5 days vol.)

100pts /5990 =1.69%

very doable in theory, but FTSE is bearish so unlikely

Thanks SD

ASX is looking the same.
ASX and FTSE path is very close in the last 2 weeks.
With the ASX giving a slight lead on the FTSE.
Might be looking too far ahead, but looking for a the ASX to bounce(also depend's on the price I'm working from) on Thursday with option expiry.

BOJ on Thursday will be big for global markets.

Last edited:
Thanks SD

ASX is looking the same.
ASX and FTSE path is very close in the last 2 weeks.
With the ASX giving a slight lead on the FTSE.
Might be looking too far ahead, but looking for a the ASX to bounce(also depend's on the price I'm working from) on Thursday with option expiry.

BOJ on Thursday will be big for global markets.

would have guessed strength in miners would have helped ASX, falling rates is very very bad for the stock market, contrary to what CNBCberg say

sp1422 aint far away if it clears then it could trigger todays trend...only problem is the gap:(

gap closed now.....wonder how mr bear will see it now:)

Attachments

• bear.jpeg
    bear.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 126