Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning SD and All
BHP +0.68%
RIO +1.56%
ASX @ 17 month highs, AUD showing signs of weakness.
Asian markets up, China flat and Japan up 2.4%
BOJ the main event on Thursday, could they undo the global uptrend.

Not a bad result yesterday ….even got nasdaq over 2660...lots of happy bulls:)

certainly seems to have a bullish bias now but all the indices face near resistance ...if they can clear then who knows we might get the santa surge …. ftse 6000 aint far way:)

I think dow key level is 13290/300 sp is already there so it'll probably lead the charge if there is to be one...just my opinion:)

another good day for the bulls and nassdaq just showing off now:) green lights on all today but of course we may go back for a tinsel test:) dow 13330 looks like a key area I think......

prob won't make sense after today with the hols coming up ....but then it never really does make sense anyway:)

big trades crossing on FTSE futures are people rolling forward december contracts, into march 2013.

open interest

dec 2012 596,903
mar 2013 103,714

dec 2012 351,022
mar 2013 349,294

change in open interest

dec 2012 -245,881
mar 2013 +245,580

Last edited:
Dick Lexic did u collect 215 dow points?

:)

i would like to say yes but unfortunately no:(

don't usually look at the dow but i have have been bringing it in to my analysis lately along with other indices ...i only trade the ftse for now and usually look for a chunk out the middle of the move ... i think i may change to longer term next year not sure:rolleyes:

easy to get confident in this kind of market but if it enters another phase the ball goes out the park and the game changes....that's what i love about it:LOL:

i would like to say yes but unfortunately no:(

don't usually look at the dow but i have have been bringing it in to my analysis lately along with other indices ...i only trade the ftse for now and usually look for a chunk out the middle of the move ... i think i may change to longer term next year not sure:rolleyes:

easy to get confident in this kind of market but if it enters another phase the ball goes out the park and the game changes....that's what i love about it:LOL:

ok, your indicator is very good,

Just a quick Q guys,

Seeing as risk on risk off seems to be a huge factor these days, if you are long FTSE, is it generally intelligent to also be long DAX, DOW and S&P seeing as 'risk on' would make them all rally to the upside?

Or is there still differences that lead to a break from the correlation?

Morning All

Everything is bullish at the moment. Dax making new highs.

Anyone think there could be a short term reversal at 10:00 for intraday play ?

Just a quick Q guys,

Seeing as risk on risk off seems to be a huge factor these days, if you are long FTSE, is it generally intelligent to also be long DAX, DOW and S&P seeing as 'risk on' would make them all rally to the upside?

Or is there still differences that lead to a break from the correlation?

sbs, i think that's what barjon trades "the differences".....even down to the smaller time frames the correlation breaks down..but longer time frames longer term would smooth it out...imho the us markets usually lead so if they are long we are all long

sbs, i think that's what barjon trades "the differences".....even down to the smaller time frames the correlation breaks down..but longer time frames longer term would smooth it out...imho the us markets usually lead so if they are long we are all long

Ok cheers, I trade one the higher TFs so weekly/daily so see more of a closer correlation. Even though I primarily focus on FTSE/DAX I also play the US indices because they all tend to move in tandem

sbs

yes, when the markets are bullish they all rise, but some more reluctantly or more enthusiastically than others. You get more bang for your buck if you are in the exuberantly enthusiastic. eg: for the rise this week you'd have been far better off long in the enthusiastic DOW than in the reluctant FTSE which is about 65 lower than it would have been had it matched the DOW's pace of rise.

That difference will likely even out at some stage and that's what I try to exploit.

I pointed out the break in RIO/BLT about 4 days ago, look at them go today. Must be sniffing improvement in china, also ASX index (australia) must be doing very well

damn we could get the FTSE 6 handle today, ?

FTSE 6000 hmm. knew it was possible in theory from vix but thought markets too bearish.

this rally is the draghi/tepper rally