Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

one day only - and I will sell tickets... but you guys can come as my guest!!

and yes.. I will be in the pick and mix section

Could you put it on webcam please - by invitation only. You must have either complete confidence that this will not reach those levels or have heavily shorted.

when will the floodgates open?

Samir , I suspect it might happen after the cash close..

this looks like the market selling but trying stop it from following so fast.. so they can sell at the highest price they can.

For a scalper this kind of price action is the worst you can get.. I have done better trading the German Bund today

where is Martin today. Have we all hijacked his thread.

samirs - thanks for asking. I have been having more computer nightmares and have been punching computer screens all day. I have had half an eye on trading, but mostly trying to sort out modems, IP addresses and three different computers all networked together.

This afternoon has been a classic ranging market. Normally the range would be about 20 pts in this type of market, but as the ATR is larger these days, the range is slightly larger.

This morning I was short looking for a 5349 to be hit which would have been a 161.8% retracement. As we were talking about suspending belief yesterday and trying not to enforce your will or your targets on the market. When the price action ran out of steam at 9:25am I closed all shorts. Difficult to do when you are convinced it has more to run.

Attachments

• 13 Oct 2011 161% fails to happen.jpg
    13 Oct 2011 161% fails to happen.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 140
Well, I am afraid our little ploy didnt work today.. I tempted fate through my wild bet with DC .. but looks like there is no show in Woolworths.

I think this week has been yet again a reminder that we should not try to impose our will on market. Better go with market and take what you get.

Hope tomorrow will be a day when everyone's trading expectations are fulfilled.

I think this week has been yet again a reminder that we should not try to impose our will on market. Better go with market and take what you get.

Hope tomorrow will be a day when everyone's trading expectations are fulfilled.

ok samirs but if DC's expectations are fulfilled then DJ is up the proverbial :LOL:

ok samirs but if DC's expectations are fulfilled then DJ is up the proverbial :LOL:

but those havent been....so DJ is safe except if he was really short this market based on DC's projections....

DC was actually right last week when he said this time we won't sell.....not sure why he changed his mind and issued a call to short which has not worked for the entire week....let's see what his view is for tomorrow...

Samir , I suspect it might happen after the cash close..

this looks like the market selling but trying stop it from following so fast.. so they can sell at the highest price they can.

DJ - Can I ask a stupid question. Were you referring to after Cash close for FTSE or DOW?

but those havent been....so DJ is safe except if he was really short this market based on DC's projections....

DC was actually right last week when he said this time we won't sell.....not sure why he changed his mind and issued a call to short which has not worked for the entire week....let's see what his view is for tomorrow...

loosen up samirs just a joke, i have the greatest respect for DC and DJ :)

how do you think tomorrow will shape up?