Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So the market is waiting for the german vote. More like just in casse there is a big surprise. They are all expecting the vote to pass. So there should be a brief spike up of optimism which will be sold off, and they will atke it down to wherever. The one crumb of good news which was German unemployment has been lost in all this. Best bit of economic news all week and it matters not.

We've also got US final GDP at 1:30pm. Let's hope it is not less than 1%, but if it is the traders will sell it hard.

So the market is waiting for the german vote. More like just in casse there is a big surprise. They are all expecting the vote to pass. So there should be a brief spike up of optimism which will be sold off, and they will atke it down to wherever. The one crumb of good news which was German unemployment has been lost in all this. Best bit of economic news all week and it matters not.

We've also got US final GDP at 1:30pm. Let's hope it is not less than 1%, but if it is the traders will sell it hard.

We also had an Italian bond auction which came in at a higher yield than previous... So that's what caused that last spike down.

We also had an Italian bond auction which came in at a higher yield than previous... So that's what caused that last spike down.

DJ - that Italian Bond Auction was very bad news. I think this will trigger off more of a sell off. When a 10yr note goes above 5% that's bad news for Italy.

I would like the opposite a gentle fall for next hour and spike down buy

either way though Im short on the DOW at the moment and have limit orders in sell 235 and buy125

reasons DOW was on 2nd day of a "Three" FTSE is on a "Five" there is a gap down at the 5085 mark the DOW triggered a new low target 10742 yesterday but the interim is still 10935 so FTSE should open in the middle or full gap down right now I would look for middle open then 5235 down to 5121 and pullback in afternoon fall into close

Dow will be looking for positional buys so will need to come up whilst keeping FTSE low
Dow only needs to print a price 10975 to fulfill pattern but my preference is the 10935

should be fun

Many thanks DC.

If I understand this correctly. The Dow is having 3 days of a correction to the downside. That's three down waves and two smaller waves up. When the three days are up, it should do five up waves???

The FTSE is at the end of 5 up waves. That's 5 up waves, and 4 down waves. When that is finished, the FTSE should have 3 down waves???

As you can tell. I don't know how many waves I should be looking for in a series, and when it should be a three or a five. When you feel you want to explain, please do.

I would like the opposite a gentle fall for next hour and spike down buy

either way though Im short on the DOW at the moment and have limit orders in sell 235 and buy125

I am looking at the gap we had at 4am this morning"... It is now 11 and that gap has not been filled... Which has got me bullish for the morning session.

Many thanks DC.

If I understand this correctly. The Dow is having 3 days of a correction to the downside. That's three down waves and two smaller waves up. When the three days are up, it should do five up waves???

The FTSE is at the end of 5 up waves. That's 5 up waves, and 4 down waves. When that is finished, the FTSE should have 3 down waves???

As you can tell. I don't know how many waves I should be looking for in a series, and when it should be a three or a five. When you feel you want to explain, please do.

It's the Hawaii move... Hawaii 5-0, Or 5-3.... Da da dede dah dah. Dede dah dah dahhhh

I am looking at the gap we had at 4am this morning"... It is now 11 and that gap has not been filled... Which has got me bullish for the morning session.

Are you talking a gap on the FTSE futures at 4:35am when it spiked up 15 pts? I don't know how you can put any faith in prices printed during those hours. There were 5 lots traded in the five minutes at 4:35am, and only 4 lots traded during the 4:40am 5mc. The only out of hours prices that seem to have an infulence, small that it is, are between 7am and 8am.

The ES made a move up at 4:30am on increasing volume, but not a gap. Am I being obtuse? As Tim Robbins would say.

Are you talking a gap on the FTSE futures at 4:35am when it spiked up 15 pts? I don't know how you can put any faith in prices printed during those hours. There were 5 lots traded in the five minutes at 4:35am, and only 4 lots traded during the 4:40am 5mc. The only out of hours prices that seem to have an infulence, small that it is, are between 7am and 8am.

The ES made a move up at 4:30am on increasing volume, but not a gap. Am I being obtuse? As Tim Robbins would say.

I know the volume is small, but I don't see that kind of gap and 50 point move up very often... Price structure completely broken down in my view.... I am sitting here feeling a bit clueless to be honest . So sitting on my hands

lunch time yo yo but would have to favour a bit of a selloff. Given DCs calls in the past, wouldn't be surprised to see a drift lower into the employment data which may give dc the buying opportunity he's after. just my 2c

lunch time yo yo but would have to favour a bit of a selloff. Given DCs calls in the past, wouldn't be surprised to see a drift lower into the employment data which may give dc the buying opportunity he's after. just my 2c

IMO nasdaq has broken downwards, now. I am short there, today, but they all follow one another.

Im bullish also but more for this afternoon and tomorrow if the DOW does its thing and prints target price then the DOW has 2 days 600 points

just to confirm Im short this morning on the DOW which only needs to print 10975 but watching the FTSE for signal that needs to get 5086 area then I will be buying the DOW and FTSE