Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Closed out all my long AUD/USD positions, some been held from 1 to 6 weeks
Going to start building short positions., probably after Thursday.
Need a catalyst to start the downward trend.
Looking for about 6 to 8 week hold, aim is for 0.98 to 1.02

so whats your ftse thoughts bus?

Would love to see one more big up leg up into 5,900 to 6,000 or just above
Then short and look for 5,700 to ,5,800 for about 5 week time frame.
With the daily scalps still more biased for the longs, mind you only looking for about 10 points. Done 40 trades last week on the FTSE(80%long).
Not all winners of cause.
As you say Dick not putting any money on it.:LOL:

Would love to see one more big up leg up into 5,900 to 6,000 or just above
Then short and look for 5,700 to ,5,800 for about 5 week time frame.
With the daily scalps still more biased for the longs, mind you only looking for about 10 points. Done 40 trades last week on the FTSE(80%long).
Not all winners of cause.
As you say Dick not putting any money on it.:LOL:

yeah bus been racking up the 10 point trades :( but i feel like a plonker when it hits 20,30,40, ugg!!!....need to trust my sigs...and targets

yeah bus been racking up the 10 point trades :( but i feel like a plonker when it hits 20,30,40, ugg!!!....need to trust my sigs...and targets

Thats scalping
I have taken a long profit and 5 or 10 mins later, been going long again at a higher price.

I've been checking various systems. Usually 1 trade per day.
At the moment, I'm trying out new strategy with real money, low stakes. Testing was successful. Entry around 10 am, exit no later than 8 pm.

Working full time, by the way, so it's a bit of a hobby for me. Addictive, I have to say.

I'm retired and it's an addictive hobby for me, too.

Those who follow the movements of the Footsie shares , what do you think of the Stamndard Chartered Bank problem in the US? This could influence, heavily, today.

Those who follow the movements of the Footsie shares , what do you think of the Stamndard Chartered Bank problem in the US? This could influence, heavily, today.

Down 7.3% in Hong Kong today and down 6.19% in London on Monday

HSBC +0.45% in Hong Kong today.

Dow also dropped 50 points in the last 30mins, not sure why.

Last edited: