Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

hi DJ yes I always post for cash prices as sometimes I trade front and back month at same time which gets confusing for readers

got to say Mr lexic "word" 089 bounce been good this morning I wouldnt like to see a price printed below 5001 as that would alter pattern to monday but target the same 304 target for today would then become 165

as long as dc doesn't stand for detective constable you can call me dick.

if it does it wasn't me i didn't do it.

I really don't know if there is anything to this harmonic stuff, but file this one away in your noggins. Attached is a 30 min chart of todays price action. Ignoring the high off the open and concentrating on the move up from the low(A) at 8:30am to the high (B) at 9:40am, which is when the real selling came back in again. We then get a 261.8% move down to C of the move AB (ie BC=2.618xAB). We then get a move back up of 161.8% to D (ie CD = 1.618xAB).

Now the Eliot Wave stuff I remember talks of 5 waves of an impulsive move, and then 3 waves of a correction. So B to C is wave 3 of the impulsive move. C to D is wave 4. From D down is then wave 5 to some point E. Size to be determined but less than B to C.

So when the move to E is done, that should result in a corrective move of three waves back up. Now I've always thought Eliot Wave was complete ********, but it makes for a nice story.

Attachments

• 23 Sept 011 ABCD.jpg
    23 Sept 011 ABCD.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 150
I really don't know if there is anything to this harmonic stuff, but file this one away in your noggins. Attached is a 30 min chart of todays price action. Ignoring the high off the open and concentrating on the move up from the low(A) at 8:30am to the high (B) at 9:40am, which is when the real selling came back in again. We then get a 261.8% move down to C of the move AB (ie BC=2.618xAB). We then get a move back up of 161.8% to D (ie CD = 1.618xAB).

Now the Eliot Wave stuff I remember talks of 5 waves of an impulsive move, and then 3 waves of a correction. So B to C is wave 3 of the impulsive move. C to D is wave 4. From D down is then wave 5 to some point E. Size to be determined but less than B to C.

So when the move to E is done, that should result in a corrective move of three waves back up. Now I've always thought Eliot Wave was complete ********, but it makes for a nice story.

So a 123% or 161% extension of C-D would make sense if you believe in Eliot Wave. 4872 or 4830.

Will all be on this think tank report when it breaks. Or some other intervention to stop the devastation.

i love a good story:LOL:

Tough scalping day today... lost it, made it , lost it, made it... am knackered..going home and drinking lots of beer.

This will be me and the lads later

Attachments

• drunkcatwallpaper.jpg
    drunkcatwallpaper.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 284
Tough scalping day today... lost it, made it , lost it, made it... am knackered..going home and drinking lots of beer.

This will be me and the lads later

ALways knew you were a pussycat!

I've struggled this afternoon too. Just didn't read the 1st 30 mins too well.

So a 123% or 161% extension of C-D would make sense if you believe in Eliot Wave. 4872 or 4830.

Will all be on this think tank report when it breaks. Or some other intervention to stop the devastation.

The reason I have always thought Eliot Wave was rubbish and too subjective. You try and pick out the 5th wave down, and the corrective waves up. What's the time frame? Is 14:10 to 14:30 the 5th wave. Then is 14:30 to 14:55 the first corrective move up, usually called wave A. Then is 14:55 to 15:15 wave B? So could 15:15 to whenever be final corrective wave C, which when it finishes, signal the start of another 5 waves down.

Can anyone trade using this?????

you traders on here are pretty serious eh? i have realised ( took some time ) i might be distracting some of you, it cant help reading my rants all day so i will refrain from posting other than scalping related.
my apologies. ( if ftse hits 89 tonight i will have one last rant:) )

you traders on here are pretty serious eh? i have realised ( took some time ) i might be distracting some of you, it cant help reading my rants all day so i will refrain from posting other than scalping related.
my apologies. ( if ftse hits 89 tonight i will have one last rant:) )

Noooo
rant is good ya

only elliot I know is ET "elliottttt"

as for the action today we pushed pattern forward on FTSE and DOW

unless the DOW can make 842 before close we have FTSE going high into early tuesday and DOW into early wednesday all targets still in play

doing a fair bit of traveling this week to North Wales so thought I would post what Im looking for early first target for me is the 5180 then the 5304 it would be realy nice to gap to first level then go to 2nd late afternoon or early tuesday.

on the DOW I will be looking for 10991 and 11242

doing a fair bit of traveling this week to North Wales so thought I would post what Im looking for early first target for me is the 5180 then the 5304 it would be realy nice to gap to first level then go to 2nd late afternoon or early tuesday.

on the DOW I will be looking for 10991 and 11242

Many thanks DC,, I would be surprised if we didn't get gapped this morning,what would be nice to see is a move down initially to form a nice low we can buy from. I think the targets make a lot of sense. Enjoy Wales.

That gap up not looking very likely this morning now. Euro has take a bit if a plunge overnight and hasn't found a floor yet....ftse futures now back down close to Friday lows..let's see how cash open behaves.

Many thanks DC,, I would be surprised if we didn't get gapped this morning,what would be nice to see is a move down initially to form a nice low we can buy from. I think the targets make a lot of sense. Enjoy Wales.

Hi DJ
was just be inpatient I guess Im in premarket this morning as Im out the door in 20 mins its gonna be fun

Hi DJ
was just be inpatient I guess Im in premarket this morning as Im out the door in 20 mins its gonna be fun

Love it when a plan comes together.... Futures came down early this morning to spoof people into short positions. Go FTSE go......... Bought at 4937

Love it when a plan comes together.... Futures came down early this morning to spoof people into short positions. Go FTSE go......... Bought at 4937

good fun catch ya latta

PS have you seen the price of fuel Ffffsshshshs

good fun catch ya latta

PS have you seen the price of fuel Ffffsshshshs

When was the last time you filled up DC?

But if anyone is wondering why ftse is under performing other indexs it is because oil price though higher by a buck is struggling to print higher highs... If oil starts to move ...then this will rocket