Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi DJ. Can we discuss your chart you posted earlier.
You can clearly see the divergence, and yep that should indicate a up move.
But the Bear flag on your chart has clearly broke to the downside.

Now that would indicate a move further to the downside, if you follow those sort of patterns.

Do we retrace at all tomorrow?

Any thoughts from anyone on this tread?

DC does your 304 for tomorrow still count? Or has the pattern changed for you?

reksa - depends on how it closes it tonight. If it closes at extreme low, then I think we retrace from the open tomorrow. If it pulls back up lots before 9:15pm then, I don't know.

reksa - depends on how it closes it tonight. If it closes at extreme low, then I think we retrace from the open tomorrow. If it pulls back up lots before 9:15pm then, I don't know.

Martin you are right about the bear flag... But the volume seems to paint another story. My take is to sit and watch until something tradeable comes along. Sorry I can't be more help. I just can't see the Market making it as easy as it seems to have done today. I am always suspicious of these moves.

ok guys price is now trading above volume on both dow and ftse this could indicate buying unless we go back down through 30/40.

well i see we got a close above the volume areas:) dow area 708/676

lets hope we can continue to INFINITY AND BEYOND:clap:

sorry coudn't resist a wee bit of fun

Do we retrace at all tomorrow?

Any thoughts from anyone on this tread?

DC does your 304 for tomorrow still count? Or has the pattern changed for you?

304 still in play only a 4988 in the morning would alter I know we have been there this evening but it would have to print in morning session to alter pattern

I would like FTSE to gap to 5150 and bounce around 5140/5190 for most of the day but we willl see
FTSE signalled flat open, whilst DOW signalled first hour and half rally and only needs to hit 10942 to complete pattern

IMF meeting, US, Europe, finance leaders, support banks, stimulus, bla, bla see who says I dont do fundamentals

well i see we got a close above the volume areas:) dow area 708/676

lets hope we can continue to INFINITY AND BEYOND:clap:

sorry coudn't resist a wee bit of fun

slow down there BUZZ

8 days 1000 points and no todays price did not alter 11898

awe go on then

Attachments

• buzzclip1.gif
    buzzclip1.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 540
304 still in play only a 4988 in the morning would alter I know we have been there this evening but it would have to print in morning session to alter pattern

I would like FTSE to gap to 5150 and bounce around 5140/5190 for most of the day but we willl see
FTSE signalled flat open, whilst DOW signalled first hour and half rally and only needs to hit 10942 to complete pattern

IMF meeting, US, Europe, finance leaders, support banks, stimulus, bla, bla see who says I dont do fundamentals

the bla, bla but is probably all you need... DC , your numbers are for FTSE cash?? would be a huge gap for this morning.

the bla, bla but is probably all you need... DC , your numbers are for FTSE cash?? would be a huge gap for this morning.

hi DJ yes I always post for cash prices as sometimes I trade front and back month at same time which gets confusing for readers

got to say Mr lexic "word" 089 bounce been good this morning I wouldnt like to see a price printed below 5001 as that would alter pattern to monday but target the same 304 target for today would then become 165

hi DJ yes I always post for cash prices as sometimes I trade front and back month at same time which gets confusing for readers

got to say Mr lexic "word" 089 bounce been good this morning I wouldnt like to see a price printed below 5001 as that would alter pattern to monday but target the same 304 target for today would then become 165

Well.... we printed lower, but I am wondering if this is a stop run... they are exactly where I would have put my stops last night, given the buying volume that came in afternoon.

I am watching where this is going, but we just had what looked to me as if someone with deep pockets was buying into the fall. We may well retrace back to the lows, but it was interesting watching this live. Both the FTSE and the FESX were approaching the low of August 9th, and it appeared that a big buyer was willing to step in. How they support it from here I don't know, but it should signal the end of the selling for now, but nothing is for certain.

Attachments

• 23 Sept 011 volume coming in at swing low.jpg
    23 Sept 011 volume coming in at swing low.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 161
FTSE just can't seem to get going. Maybe they are waiting for the ES to bottom out. It hasn't hit yesterday's low yet, so watch 1106.75 and hope for a bounce. In my bones I feel the FTSE has bottomed, but there is a lot of pessimism out there right now.