Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

RIO down 4.5% hmmmmm do not say I did not warn you. this is going to destroy the Dax fuhrer

last time RIO broke down DAX fell 1200pts

Here's what I'm looking at right now, as you can see the price on both Dow and Ftse trading under a support level which is now resistance....

not sure how I would go about transposing Dow S/R onto ftse?

you prob wouldn't bother - just keep the two charts in view.

for example you might be chary of sorting ftse because it has breached a support level if the dow support level is still holding.

or, if ftse is showing a marked reluctance to follow the dow down (say) you might be a bit chary of getting into a ftse short

that sort of thing

for example you might be chary of sorting ftse because it has breached a support level if the dow support level is still holding.

or, if ftse is showing a marked reluctance to follow the dow down (say) you might be a bit chary of getting into a ftse short

that sort of thing

Hmmm you might be right, a quick look back at todays trades, if I had the Dow S1 level on my ftse chart that equates to 5614 on ftse which means I wouldn't have taken that short from 5619 until much later.

Like you say the levels on both dow and ftse are fairly evenly equated already. Not in terms of price but certainly in terms of price action.

Always good to know though, can never have too many tools in your toolbox hey.

***Actually just had a look back again and at 5619 is right on a support level for dow anyway. Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference if I had of had the dow levels on ftse, the only difference was that I didn't have a dow chart open at the time.

Last edited:

that sort of thing

Interesting... can you do this in the morning b4 the Dow opens with the Dow dft?

The person who makes the 10,000 post on this thread gets to 'have a go' on my girlfriend.

Good luck.... and good night

Attachments

• girlfriend.jpg
    girlfriend.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 147
@DenhamSimon
#FOMC not only this to blame for #FTSE's fall. Chinese GDP figure tonight could prove a big market mover. Angus's wrap