Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Perhaps it was a touch vague. What I meant by "only on one of those days did it break daily support levels" was the other days 5623 was support the price was trading just under the pivot level... the one day it broke 5623 it hit Support 3 level and opened under S1. Very much like today, the price was under S1 at open, if 5623 was to be broken it could possibly take out S2.

That was my rationale behind why I entered where I did.

Sorry if the original post was a bit vague.

Anyway who knows, I might have taken a short there and the price rallied like a bar steward and this conversation would be going the other way :):)

its weird but from the morning i figured FTSE was showing down 30pts but with rio/blt down near 3% in aus trading ftse was going to drop a lot more than 30pts.

but i followed the oversold and buying below 5623 , and figured some stop hunting.

although going by my own pivots i should have got short 5638

Perhaps it was a touch vague. What I meant by "only on one of those days did it break daily support levels" was the other days 5623 was support the price was trading just under the pivot level... the one day it broke 5623 it hit Support 3 level and opened under S1. Very much like today, the price was under S1 at open, if 5623 was to be broken it could possibly take out S2.

That was my rationale behind why I entered where I did.

Sorry if the original post was a bit vague.

Anyway who knows, I might have taken a short there and the price rallied like a bar steward and this conversation would be going the other way :):)

Soloquan your pivots and s1/s2 worked fine today.

Attachments

• rio_carnival_2008_2.jpg
    rio_carnival_2008_2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 91
my short/long coming good at last +15 now. What did you guys think of my ftse/dow note by the way?

I'll watch for that and the 3pm reversal maybe?

ftse reluctant to move away from the 5600 mark at this minute, it's a huge level and also the daily S2 level. It's now acting as resistance. A move either side of this level should signal an opportunity to jump in. The Dow is near it's daily S1 level @ 12526 (now resistance) and again like ftse is reluctant to move below 12500.

Coming up to US open should move things, as to which way I'm not sure yet but one way or the other this afternoon has a lot of potential

my short/long coming good at last +15 now. What did you guys think of my ftse/dow note by the way?

Very interesting. I've incoroporated watching a daily dow chart into my trading, but am apprehensive about using the dow to hedge. I have quite tight stops usually around 10-20 points max and I don't think I could come up with a decent enough strategy to hedge with such tight margins

Just got my Housing Benefit cheque in the post :) More money for the trading account :D

AAAHHHH been a good day.

Hope nobody from HMRC comes on T2W

surge could be spike out the buy orders and then send them into loss

you could be right actually, probably a lot of orders around there and just taken a temporary hit

think I might wait this one out for a bit, see what the good 'ol US of A has to offer