Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SP500 100dma

Attachments

• SP500 100dma.png
    SP500 100dma.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 131
SP500 100dma

Morning guys -- yes a crucial point now for sp , dow etc , they are attempting to take out swing highs.My previous attempt at a forecast looks increasingly wrong ( I thought dow move up was most probably clear out bar to scare shorts out ) now looks increasingly like its a strong move back up by longs, could still turn back down here but looking at that last dow daily bar thats a huge statement for continuation up but I have been known to be wrong before :)

p.s. have covered all possible variations in this and previous post so will surely be right at some point ! :LOL:

Morning all... back from hols in Spain.. much celebrating going on ;-).... currently short DAX at 6514 cash.. half already taken.. tight stop at just above high... failure to break this high gives a 1.133 extension of swing.. which brings it down to 6300 ish... but with this bullish price action.. will probably use trailing stop

Morning guys -- yes a crucial point now for sp , dow etc , they are attempting to take out swing highs.My previous attempt at a forecast looks increasingly wrong ( I thought dow move up was most probably clear out bar to scare shorts out ) now looks increasingly like its a strong move back up by longs, could still turn back down here but looking at that last dow daily bar thats a huge statement for continuation up but I have been known to be wrong before :)

p.s. have covered all possible variations in this and previous post so will surely be right at some point ! :LOL:

haha.

Hi klw, notice that some positive "news" breaks everytime the market is about to meltdown.

Dow is 100% positive, but I think the fridays 277 needs digesting, so think Dow cannot close above fridays 12,880. (ftse level 5622) So Dow close for monday 2nd jul will flat to down imho.

Morning all... back from hols in Spain.. much celebrating going on ;-).... currently short DAX at 6514 cash.. half already taken.. tight stop at just above high... failure to break this high gives a 1.133 extension of swing.. which brings it down to 6300 ish... but with this bullish price action.. will probably use trailing stop

welcome home, dj - hope you had a grand time on hols

haha.

Hi klw, notice that some positive "news" breaks everytime the market is about to meltdown.

Hi SD - Well I'm a conspiracy theory kind of guy.I firmly believe that markets do get manipulated via news and market manipulation.Did you ever read about account 990N which cleared through Gelber trading about 10 years ago ? They worked the sp , pushed the market up overnight and sat on the bid all day with thousands of lots, nobody could short the market and nobody knew who they were,they were thought to be the fed. I choose to believe it's true as it would make sense for the fed to do this.Look at the ftse , only last year we were over 6000 , that's way too high , we are still in recession ( whatever they try and tell us ) . Whenever it comes to money it brings out people's worst traits as have been proved by the banks ( yet again ) just this last week.

haha.

Hi SD - Well I'm a conspiracy theory kind of guy.I firmly believe that markets do get manipulated via news and market manipulation.Did you ever read about account 990N which cleared through Gelber trading about 10 years ago ? They worked the sp , pushed the market up overnight and sat on the bid all day with thousands of lots, nobody could short the market and nobody knew who they were,they were thought to be the fed. I choose to believe it's true as it would make sense for the fed to do this.Look at the ftse , only last year we were over 6000 , that's way too high , we are still in recession ( whatever they try and tell us ) . Whenever it comes to money it brings out people's worst traits as have been proved by the banks ( yet again ) just this last week.

I believe that there is a lot in what you say. If Barclays can get away with Libor fiddling for so long, what is to stop them, or others, from doing the same with CFDs for instance. I am on record as advising against using CFDs because they are issued by banks like Barclays. I have always been doubtful of volume figures, too. Or putting those thousands of lots on a decent looking pivot, or fib.

This is a jungle planted on a minefield. I use my own lines and hopè to God that , not they can figure out which one I'm on, but that I can guess which one they are on!

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

I believe that there is a lot in what you say. If Barclays can get away with Libor fiddling for so long, what is to stop them, or others, from doing the same with CFDs for instance. I am on record as advising against using CFDs because they are issued by banks like Barclays. I have always been doubtful of volume figures, too. Or putting those thousands of lots on a decent looking pivot, or fib.

This is a jungle planted on a minefield. I use my own lines and hopè to God that , not they can figure out which one I'm on, but that I can guess which one they are on!

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

Yes agreed on the CFD's Split , you can guarentee if it's a derative they will have an edge or they woulden't provide it and as regards volume agreed there as well , I remember when I first started trading ftse futures,I would studiously watch the dom and tape for any clues and then see them reporting large volumes on the tape approximately 1 hour after they'd gone through the market !! What's that all about !! I asked my mentor why they were allowed to do this and apparently they were ( at this time ) as it would give the trader an unfair advantage lol. I don't follow dom or tape now , good luck to those that do , they are better than I am , it's just far too much effort and strain for that edge, I go somewher else for my edge these days.Don't know if they still report large volumes a long time after the fact , does anyone know this ?

welcome home, dj - hope you had a grand time on hols

first week was a disaster am afraid... villa was infested by cockroaches.. scared my wife and daughter to death.. many sleepless nights killing the bloody things so family could sleep.. I then spent two days finding another villa.. which we moved into and was perfect... but did get my money back from villa 1...

other than that, weather was great .. nice food, wine and sailing.. could have stayed another week...

trading is also good over there because that hour difference gives you a little bit more time in the morning to decide on what orders to place..

ever tried trading from an iphone on the beach?? beer in one hand.. phone in the other.. making money ... lovely.. could get used to that :LOL::LOL:

haha.

Yep i remember for about a year 90% of the sp500 gains occurred in thin overnight futures trading. The rumours false or true appear at extreme bearish points for US indices. I remember during the london tube bombings in 7th july, CNBC put out a false rumour of a special bank of england meeting which rallied the markets. CNBC is pure bullsh*t, Bloom is not far behind. Somebody should start a honest Business news channel, I have taken to recording the chinese news channels which does a segment about the US economy.

last week on CNBC a news anchor was trying to say that falling gasoline prices would boost the economy, You cannot make this bullsh+t up, the other two clowns sat there speechless. I remember Bloom a few yars ago used to have Bill Hubbard discussing the bond markets excellent stuff, now its just bimbos female and male.

saw a report that CNBC is now getting very low ratings for some of its shows. think twitter and youtube will make them obsolete

I use CFD for my main equity stuff and if they are pulling any flankers I've not noticed :)

I think you can probably lose all your hair worrying about what might or might not be going on in the darker reaches of the market. The only things worth worrying about imo are those where you have control - so I'm with Split really, know where you're going to get in and out (lose or win) and how much you're going to risk.

...............ever tried trading from an iphone on the beach?? beer in one hand.. phone in the other.. making money ... lovely.. could get used to that :LOL::LOL:.........

well just making money'd be fine - bugger the beach :)

Shame about the first villa but at least you've honed your hunting skills

will this move ftse

@Brenda_Kelly
*OSBORNE TO MAKE STATEMENT ON BANKS THIS AFTERNOON, FIELD SAYS