Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

add long another @ '226'

(i know wsw shouldn't be doing this ;) but not up to speed on your way yet

right here, right now only way i know

add long another @ '226'

(i know wsw shouldn't be doing this ;) but not up to speed on your way yet

right here, right now only way i know
Gotta do wat ya gotta do man.

Longer term not my concern - BUT 30 mins rejection 26450 cash - then lower highs - may bounce, but could seriously dump also here.

Next Pivot I see is 26200/26180 level.

Going to focus on my own trading as of tomorrow as I dont want to just put up trades that may not benefit the community - Ie buy here/sell here etc.

Hope that some guys/gals have maybe seen another way to neutralise volatility ??? Then you can base your strategy on this?

Will keep trying in the S&P comp though - need a miracle to catch the leaders lol

Last edited:
@WSW, hope you don't mind me asking, but have you had any problems from your broker regarding holding for such a short amount of time? I like your trading style and have played about with similar strats but have never pursued them seriously because I've been worried that my broker would 'make it difficult' for me...(my broker is the same as yours but the forum won't let me type it's name!)

Our rez and support worked a treat

@WSW, hope you don't mind me asking, but have you had any problems from 'IG' regarding holding for such a short amount of time? I like your trading style and have played about with similar strats but have never pursued them seriously because I've been worried that IG would 'make it difficult' for me...
Hi Dowser - must trade via pro-real and not their standard platform. As there are definite differences in fills (ie delayed - not sure why, but im not a techie).

With pro real you can slide limits in so I have never not been filled if prices hits the level - also please may I add if doing this with large stakes (which I know is relative to the individual) - but lets say £20 to £50 pp the you must use their guaranteed stop facility (10 pts away minimun) - this makes sure you have no twitter spikes:ROFLMAO: surprises. You only pay the premium (2 pts) if "they" stop you out. If not, its just standard bid/ask.

On Friday I had a sitting buy order on non farms for a decent size and was only slipped 3 points and the move was 30 pts in 5 seconds!! I can live with that.

The only thing I will say is sometimes the platform freezes when there is a lot of action - but I guess they have to protect their business also - so if i want to trade with them I have to accept it.

The only thing I can suggest is try a bigger size - just come out on the other side straight away - say do £20 pp - do 20 trades and see what happens. Do it in a fast market as you may even have a nice earner whilst testing :giggle:

Hope this helps.