Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

My trading account over the last 15months.

thats great...

one question though....does it also not depend on how much amount you started with....

e.g. one can make 20k from 10k in a month. same may not be true for much higher base

thats great...

one question though....does it also not depend on how much amount you started with....

e.g. one can make 20k from 10k in a month. same may not be true for much higher base

Of course, but this is a relatively decent account size (more than most start off with, it's not your typical £200 bonus spread bet variety).
I think if you got into the range of hedge fund amounts, it would be more difficult, you simply can't trade that amount of contracts in one go and expect to be filled. Funds are more of the moving a ship variety, slow turns and takes a while to stop. Having said that, even trading 40 contracts a go in the stock indices is not out of the question for some people, they are liquid enough for that and that is around $2000 a point. You could do that with a $150k account depending on your risk amount.

I can swing trade but no way could I hold trades like funds do.
Yep 5% is about right with a few months negative.

Of course, but this is a relatively decent account size (more than most start off with, it's not your typical £200 bonus spread bet variety).
I think if you got into the range of hedge funds amounts, it would be more difficult, you simply can't trade that amount of contracts in one go. Funds are more of the moving a ship variety, slow turns and takes a while to stop. I can swing trade but no way could I hold trades like funds do.
Yep 5% is about right with a few months negative.

Thats trading spread betting and not direct access?

Thats trading spread betting and not direct access?

A bit of both. Let's say I dabbled with DMA in the past but found it more useful for the scalping type strategies. I've found for what I do, spread betting on the FTSE and Euro works out ok and the difference doesn't amount to much. Perhaps it could end up costing a lot less as I'd save using limit orders and less in commissions. I think if I traded ES or Bunds, I would do DMA because the spread is much larger. Can't be arsed trading ES really as I like to stop at 5pm every day plus I have a day job. I'd also add, having a day job has allowed me to care less about the trades.
We're not talking enough for a yearly salary here yet BTW but enough to cover lots of holidays ;)

Has anyone personally known someone starting £200 and making million out of it. There is so much hype which why most get attracted in first place. If you can do 3-4% per month consistently then you should be proud of yourself.

We're not talking enough for a yearly salary here yet BTW but enough to cover lots of holidays ;)

oh with your previous response I thought you are making more than years salary here.

I guess that would be so much stressful. Cant imagine being dependent on income from this stuff.

A bit of both. Let's say I dabbled with DMA in the past but found it more useful for the scalping type strategies. I've found for what I do, spread betting on the FTSE and Euro works out ok and the difference doesn't amount to much. Perhaps it could end up costing a lot less as I'd save using limit orders and less in commissions. I think if I traded ES or Bunds, I would do DMA because the spread is much larger. Can't be arsed trading ES really as I like to stop at 5pm every day plus I have a day job. I'd also add, having a day job has allowed me to care less about the trades.

If you took your trading account statements to a hedge fund you would get hired in 5 seconds.

Has anyone personally known someone starting £200 and making million out of it. There is so much hype which why most get attracted in first place. If you can do 3-4% per month consistently then you should be proud of yourself.

Victor Niederhoffer in his book has an interesting formula called "the risk of ruin"

Niederhoffer made about $300million from trading forex

awesome, thats about 5%/month thats better than most hedge funds

When you say it like that it sounds good.
However, let me put it another way: I win only 4 trades a month. Sounds pretty crap doesn't it :)

oh with your previous response I thought you are making more than years salary here.

I guess that would be so much stressful. Cant imagine being dependent on income from this stuff.

It's enough to do a hell of a lot on it, for some it would be a salary but it's definitely not enough to live off alone in this day and age.

If you took your trading account statements to a hedge fund you would get hired in 5 seconds.

I'm actually not sure I'd want to work at a hedge fund...too much stress and quite a few nob jockeys. Maybe I should become a nob jockey.

FTSE100 has maximum bullish reading for Tuesday, this technical condition leads to small but solid up days.

When you say it like that it sounds good.
However, let me put it another way: I win only 4 trades a month. Sounds pretty crap doesn't it :)

It's enough to do a hell of a lot on it, for some it would be a salary but it's definitely not enough to live off alone in this day and age.

They wont care if u win 1 trade out 100 as long as you grow their capital thats all that matters. make the phone call know and arrange an interview, make sure u shop around do not accept the first offer u get.

I knew someone who started with £2000 and turned it into £2 million

what about the chap the in the papers they called him 7 to 7, turned £7k into £7 million

anyone see the leveson enquiry, how shameful is it that a criminal can flaunt himself in public, and when the police are called they take away some innocent protestor and leave Blair untouched.

FTSE100 has maximum bullish reading for Tuesday, this technical condition leads to small but solid up days.

Feeling a bit mixed at the moment.
Gold looks about to turn up again but risk FX like euro and aussie dollar still heading downward. Bonds are mixed as well with all the euro babble at the moment.
Difficult call.

Feeling a bit mixed at the moment.
Gold looks about to turn up again but risk FX like euro and aussie dollar still heading downward. Bonds are mixed as well with all the euro babble at the moment.
Difficult call.

Mr Sidekicker, i have read that the COT report shows maximum short interest in gold the most since 2008 this is very bullish for gold.

"Precious metals are still struggling to gain ground in the face of persistent fears about the eurozone and the threat of a 2008-style market meltdown. The CFTC’s latest Commitments of Traders Reports for the gold and silver futures market in America shows managed money (read: hedge funds, commodity trading advisors, etc) holding their largest short positions in these markets since September 2008. Is The Great Crash coming?"

Gold signals trouble ahead | Buy Gold Online