Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

a guy called david paul was involved with this room ....i think that was his name you posted a video of him not long ago.....i think the room is closed now

i think this is the guy involved in Which Way Today trading room with tom hougard.....not positive tho

hmm can't seem to post you tube link so you'll just have to do a search for ...david paul trader...on you tube

Yes and no I think. The banks keep trading in that they are exchanging retail money and sending money around the world but the actual forex desks are closed (and most offices as well). Try ringing a bank over the weekend to exchange £1m and see how far you get with your order. However, go to the Post Office to exchange 100 euros and you will get some money but it's not represented on the inter bank market until the market actually opens again in the far East.

I am not sure I understand.

But Post Office and other exchange combos would have already obtained their currency. That's why they have massive spreads to cover their exchange difference costs. They write off / write up any further difference as loss / gain.

Where do you get option in a post office to bid / offer at your own rates. You just accept the bid / offer rate they publish which could be and is normally way off the exchange rate traded on the your brokers platform.

And if the gap is not filled which many times does not get filled what option do they have. That retail forex is different from retail forex trading.

What we are discussing here is retail forex trading.

Where as retail forex is where someone exchanges currency for their use where profit from currency trading is not direct purpose. It is like you buy petrol at BP retail does every litre bought there has a direct implication on what prices are traded on commodities exchange. No.

i think this is the guy involved in Which Way Today trading room with tom hougard.....not positive tho 3 Primary Rules for Swing Trading - YouTube

hmm can't seem to post you tube link so you'll just have to do a search for ...david paul trader...on you tube

I found this chap and what he was saying seemed very good , a deep understanding. and hougaard is also good, the performance data on their site is impressive also.

I suppose i am a sucker

FTSE100 no longer implying dow +160 its implying dow +90 more reasonable

SP500/Dow both confirming current FTSE level of 5366

i thought gaps got filled because gaps represented unfilled orders, the market makers want to match as many orders as possible.

That's true for stocks, commodities etc where markets are closed for certain time e.g. weekend etc. So the opening price when the market reopens may be materially different to closing price. Opening price is determined by MMs. Gaps ultimately get filled (that's the theory) because markets abhor vaccum and the orders need to be matched as you say.

However, you shouldnt normally get gaps in a market that runs continuously. In case of forex the market never closes. It is just not visible / accessible to retail traders. So what retail perceives gap on their screen are not really gaps but the price movement while the market was not visible to them.

Anyway this topic has been discussed and debated so many times. I was just presenting another view. I dont care one way or other as long as I am in the money. :)

it is almost impossible to find daily ohlc fx historical data. dukascopy sort of have a function for downloading but it is cumbersome,

FtseDay Trader ‏@FtseDay
Todays market open was a classic "who wants to buy me" setup and when there are no buyers only 1 way price is going.

FtseDay Trader ‏@FtseDay
Todays market open was a classic "who wants to buy me" setup and when there are no buyers only 1 way price is going.

mornin' guys - only just tuned in after spending an inordinate sum at the optician :(

As far as the quote is concerned there's always some bright spark who can point to the "obvious" action - after the event of course :)

SD pointed to the implication for the DOW with FTSE moves while US on holiday. Early signs are that DOW is not buying it hence the FTSE decline. That may yet change as US rubs the sleep from its eyes.

mornin' guys - only just tuned in after spending an inordinate sum at the optician :(

As far as the quote is concerned there's always some bright spark who can point to the "obvious" action - after the event of course :)

SD pointed to the implication for the DOW with FTSE moves while US on holiday. Early signs are that DOW is not buying it hence the FTSE decline. That may yet change as US rubs the sleep from its eyes.

Morning Barjon, The dow is usually strong after a long weekend,