Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Reminded that FTSE is ex-dividend today as the broker "extracted" about 80 quid from my account this morning as an "adjustment" after holding overnight short positions (£9.70 per £ short)
Premise is that the markets drop in your favour Ex-dividend, had you been long you would have made £80 etc
Part of the learning process but still seems a bit steep considering markets were falling anyway and you pay finance charge on top - anyone experience anything similar?

Reminded that FTSE is ex-dividend today as the broker "extracted" about 80 quid from my account this morning as an "adjustment" after holding overnight short positions (£9.70 per £ short)
Premise is that the markets drop in your favour Ex-dividend, had you been long you would have made £80 etc
Part of the learning process but still seems a bit steep considering markets were falling anyway and you pay finance charge on top - anyone experience anything similar?

In simple terms - Am I being gouged?

Yep, them brokers have got it in for us. They want us all skint so we can't trade.

Last edited:
Get up you lazy Brits, Mario is on in 10 mins.

Live from Brussels.:sleep:

Mario says
Of all the ways to accelerate the realisation of our economic potential, perhaps the simplest is to remove the uncertainties that hamper long-term decisions and hold back investment.

DAX had a different view.

Mario says
Of all the ways to accelerate the realisation of our economic potential, perhaps the simplest is to remove the uncertainties that hamper long-term decisions and hold back investment.

DAX had a different view.

They wanted a bazooka, Moar QE. :devilish:

Didnt get it! :mad:

That doesnt have the right shape for a double bottom on the ftse IMO.
Moar downside later. :LOL:

20 minutes to go and prices have been going down since 8pm last night! 18 hours!

I did have a DAX long signal at 14:00 @ 10074, I didn't take it, be it will interesting to see how it pans out after the dip, maybe a pause before more declines or reversal back up, great opportunities to keep learning from these situations.

Olde dame FTSE tried to go up 6 points, suffered vertigo and fell back down again.

FTSE 100
14:29:48
Germany 30
14:29:48
Wall Street
14:29:47

short the bounces imho ??