Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Doesn't make sense, when the S&P closed on Friday at 1880 the ftse was around 5780...been a short day all day trying to fill the gap up all day.

I was watching oil at the start of the session which was up and I was expecting more support in the FTSE to the confirmation that UK won't raise rates in the near term - maybe a relief rally. It is a tart to the spx though.;)

I was watching oil at the start of the session which was up and I was expecting more support in the FTSE to the confirmation that UK won't raise rates in the near term - maybe a relief rally. It is a tart to the spx though.;)

It would be too text book perfect for the FTSE & S&P to bounce off their August 2015 lows and rally from there. Still bearish and given no support for oil, should expect little support elsewhere :(

Generally concerned, even though I'm on the right side no one comes out of this unscathed.

Generally concerned, even though I'm on the right side no one comes out of this unscathed.

Yes, if it keeps going down and another recession hits, we may be making lots of lolly on trades but losing a couple of hundred thousand on house prices. :(

Yes, if it keeps going down and another recession hits, we may be making lots of lolly on trades but losing a couple of hundred thousand on house prices. :(

It's a zero sum game ;)

But at least you see it and can manoeuvre , most people including a close mate who owns a "lot" of student accommodation claims he is happy to be in bricks and mortar!!!

Cash and in that US$ only for me.

Couple of hundred thousand?....you must live in London or Richmond! Anyway with houses its all relative - as long as you're on the UK ladder - unless you want to flog it and take your lucre to set up in Spain or suchlike. Anyway you won't notice the rug being pulled from underneath you if the politicians have their way!:eek:

I would be surprised if Dow went positive before the close. But then again nothing should surprise me in these markets.

Couple of hundred thousand?....you must live in London or Richmond! Anyway with houses its all relative - as long as you're on the UK ladder - unless you want to flog it and take your lucre to set up in Spain or suchlike. Anyway you won't notice the rug being pulled from underneath you if the politicians have their way!:eek:

4 bed semi in St Albans, (not even inside the M25).

Sale Date Property Price Paid Source
19 Nov 2015 Semi-Detached, Freehold £855,000 Land Registry

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...23?prop=51781178&sale=1955515&country=england

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/jan/06/house-prices-fall-in-december
House prices fall by 16% in 2008

In just one year that house could drop by £135,000 if we see the same thing as last time.

Hi guys - new to the thread and not been on the forum for ages.

Keep an eye on this possible triangle on the Nasdaq futures (10 min chart):

nqtriangle.gif

The same on the Dow futures:

ymtriangle.gif

The bullish argument right now is the possible inverted H&S on the Dow:

dowhands.gif

It doesn't look quite right - the right shoulder is lower than the left BUT it did make a higher high before forming the right shoulder. Those are the most reliable (inverted) H&S formations - where you start getting higher highs and higher lows - and vice versa for H&S formations.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the welcome - happy to post my ideas if they are also welcome?

Not interested in posting my trades or getting into arguments etc - would just like to offer my opinion be it right or wrong for discussion.

4 bed semi in St Albans, (not even inside the M25).

Sale Date Property Price Paid Source
19 Nov 2015 Semi-Detached, Freehold £855,000 Land Registry

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pr...23?prop=51781178&sale=1955515&country=england

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/jan/06/house-prices-fall-in-december
House prices fall by 16% in 2008

In just one year that house could drop by £135,000 if we see the same thing as last time.

I have been out of UK living in Oz for almost ten years before coming back....barking values. If I were you I would take the cash while you can and rent yourself!! (Spain's still looking cheap)

FTSE 5720- 30 imho will be the battleground for bulls and bears keeping an eye oil/spx futures.
Still short bias.