Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Are you holding over the weekend.;)
Sadly not, I bailed [too early] on the first trade @11803, and the second with 50 pips or so.

I'd had a fair poor week upto then so I was keen to realise the profit and make up for earlier losses - it crossed my mind to just walk away with the stop at breakeven, but the temptation to close was *too* great. In hindsight I should have left some of the massively in-profit positions, but hey there will be other opportunities next week ;)

It's been so long since I saw a market tank in such a fashion as that I'd pretty much forgotten how to play it. Looking to short any dax rallies next week. :innocent:

Daxy should rocket today if you can catch the bottom, or just wait out the early morning fireworks.

pyramiding104.png

Stopped out @8017, I've got a feeling my luck isn't going to hold much longer!

And ProRealTime being a bit laggy/unreliable (as it was on Friday) either because I'm winning or IG systems can't keep up with the volume...

Very shocked by the bounce today.May the bull continue

Ditto to the level of bounce, barely had time to be settled into a bearish frame of mind :(

Having said that I'm still praying for a Grexit/overbought-related tank on the Dax and/or an Election-related tank on the ftse.

Very shocked by the bounce today.May the bull continue
Reaction has been expected, of course nobody knows for sure, as to when and how many pips but once some zones are in play, what remains is simply to follow the market.
I do not waist energy for anything apart to try to follow the market, for a longer perspective use Delta count and EWs .
All is relatively simple, though I still use some indicators.
It is time to have a break,
Good trades to all,
2be

And,

Short Dow 18050

What a typically bonkers move by the yanks on the open.
I'm holding for the week now. (Hopefully).
I have my S&P target in the competition.
Lets see if it carries on up or gently glides down.

European stocks technically recover from the last week falls. Last week, European markets had one of the worst weekly performance this year. The reasons for this fall are essentially three. The first is the decline of the dollar, which had been the main catalyst for the rally of some indexes such as the DAX, which includes several export companies. The European currency has been favored by the weak US economic data, with the perception that the rise in interest rates in the US is not imminent and some factors of a more technical nature (the fall of the Euro has reached extreme levels and not observed even when the apex the sovereign debt crisis). The second reason is the growing nervousness regarding the situation in Greece. The deterioration of public finances of this country has worsened and some European leaders such as German finance minister, appear skeptical about a possible deal during the course of the Eurogroup meeting next Friday. The third reason is a reflection of the previous two and concerns the temptation for some Profit Taking.

European stocks initiated the session extending yesterday’s recovery. Investors will respond to the results of Credit Suisse, ARM Holdings and SAP. The Swiss bank reported a quarterly profit growth of 23% (1050 M.CHF), surpassing analysts’ expectations of 1030 M.USD, in that, among the various activities of Credit Suisse, the good performance of the financial assets trading unit was highlighted. The German SAP announced that the operating income in the 1st quarter reached 1060 M. €, roughly in line with the 1070 M. € anticipated. Revenues totaled the 4500 M. €, above the estimated 4300 M.€. Also in the technology sector, ARM Holdings, an English company that supplies components for smartphones announced quarterly revenue of 227.5 M. £ compared to the estimated 224.4 M. £. The bottom line will continue to be the situation in Greece. The market is expected to remain sensitive to any news or rumor regarding this matter.

Those are referral links that you make money from if anyone buys. Get outta here.

Last edited by a moderator: