Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hello everyone,
I am a long time lurker trying to learn from all your experience and trading very infrequently. I have landed myself in a big mess by not following the rules and need your advice. I went short on DAX in January when it was around 10000 but it kept going up and up. I kept selling n selling hoping that the Greece or Ukraine crisis will bring it down but that never happened.
Now I need advice from you experienced people that would DAX go down at all or not.
I am happy to hold my positions and wait but then I stand a risk that DAX goes up to 12000 or should I buy it in the dips to minimise my losses.
Thanks a lot

My 2 pence worth... Close your position and never trade without a stop again

Being realistic, place a stop now, i'm not online much so perhaps look to Jessi or Postie for a level you can live with, accept it will probably mean a loss, we have all done it, don't do it again, never trade without a pre-defined stop and stick to it.

If the market moves down, move the stop with it to at least lock in less of a loss.

Regards Shane......:)

Hello everyone,
I am a long time lurker trying to learn from all your experience and trading very infrequently. I have landed myself in a big mess by not following the rules and need your advice. I went short on DAX in January when it was around 10000 but it kept going up and up. I kept selling n selling hoping that the Greece or Ukraine crisis will bring it down but that never happened.
Now I need advice from you experienced people that would DAX go down at all or not.
I am happy to hold my positions and wait but then I stand a risk that DAX goes up to 12000 or should I buy it in the dips to minimise my losses.
Thanks a lot

None of us likes to hear of anyone making a loss, theres enough money being pumped in each month for us all to have a piece of the pie.

As to whether to close a short on the dax? Look at the last 5 years on a daily chart that says it all. There would need to be a reason for the Dax to turn around now and at the moment (short of all out war with Russia) things are just getting better and better in Germany. Euro QE is only just beginning, all time highs on Dax, FTSE, Dow. The longer you stay in that short the more money your going to lose.
Walk away, have a think about a different strategy, and come back when youve gotten over the anger and accepted the loss. At the moment your still in denial, you need to move on.

None of us likes to hear of anyone making a loss, theres enough money being pumped in each month for us all to have a piece of the pie.

As to whether to close a short on the dax? Look at the last 5 years on a daily chart that says it all. There would need to be a reason for the Dax to turn around now and at the moment (short of all out war with Russia) things are just getting better and better in Germany. Euro QE is only just beginning, all time highs on Dax, FTSE, Dow. The longer you stay in that short the more money your going to lose.
Walk away, have a think about a different strategy, and come back when youve gotten over the anger and accepted the loss. At the moment your still in denial, you need to move on.

Hello love, denial ... is that de river?

usd and jpy are getting stronger today, and dax is reacting to that 11250 zone
I am careful in both directions now

Last edited:
usd and jpy are getting stronger today, and dax is reacting to that 11250 zone
I am careful in both directions now

got that some.....

Attachments

• JPY_26FEB.jpg
    JPY_26FEB.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 92
dow has created a gap, if closed - another push up in cards during the us session