Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

11190 and 11160 is the numbers to watch on DAX for long... breaching these number would lead to further down side...

60 is 50% retrace so good long area :cool:

2wmifk0.gif

Morning

:-0:-0, Lovely sell off on the CAC for 20 point, simple PA based trade. :D

Heikin-ashi candles chart , in a hindsight its a smooth obvious chart , but in reality it provides a lot of false signals and late entries .

Jessi, reading this thread with interest, what are you using to trade, spreadbets or you actually trading the futures? I used to trade Bund, Bobl Shatz and Eurostoxx futures, purely scalping looking for literally a couple of ticks on the DOM, over at Marex, that was a few years ago now, I know times have trades, interested in how you are trading, ie stops 10 - 15 ticks looking for larger moves? I can see myself trading like this using IG or simlar..

Heikin-ashi candles chart , in a hindsight its a smooth obvious chart , but in reality it provides a lot of false signals and late entries .

Depends how you utilise them within your trading strategy IMO, served me well for many years. You could say late entries or indeed you could say delayed entries ensuring the move is established before you place a trade. I never attempt to call a top or bottom, much simplier to jump on board an established move, pick off some points and exit before the move has finished.

Trading HA on their own you may get the false signals you suggest, hence why I always use them to confirm a trade entry within my trading strategy

Todays CAC's post 8.30 trading signal (same as yesterday), same entry set up again, HA confirming, trade taken. Consistency, repetition and time windows.

Attachments

• cac wed.bmp
    834.5 KB · Views: 88
morning jessie
i am now short on quarterly contracts think we are near to tipping point over next 2 months think we will be lower than here.
Impressed with your calls recently think some of your followers may want to learn how to trade and not be so reliant on you.
Started using some of your methods should have done a lot earlier.
The only call i did not understand on the dow was the high level you expected it to go to yesterday which it did??

In addition to the macroeconomic and political focus, the earnings season continues to attract attention, but today we have an event that could bring some volatility because at 16h30, Mario Draghi will be present in the European Parliament, where he will present the ECB’s Annual Report .

morning jessie
i am now short on quarterly contracts think we are near to tipping point over next 2 months think we will be lower than here.
Impressed with your calls recently think some of your followers may want to learn how to trade and not be so reliant on you.
The only call i did not understand on the dow was the high level you expected it to go to yesterday which it did??

I think I agree with what you're saying. With all due respect to np74 and liver1234, maybe you would be better served by learning why Jessi is doing what he's doing and learning his techniques and methods, as he's been a wealth of information here. It's the addage of taking a fish or learning how to fish. It's fine to ask if he's long or short in order to confirm your own setups, but it seems he's being asked what with a view to just blindly copying. No offense mateys, I just say that to make a better forum for all of us.

Thanks for your inputs Jessi. I've been learning a lot. Still trying to iron out how to read the charts and I still miss things here and there, but getting there.

Last edited:
I think I agree with what you're saying. With all due respect to np74 and liver1234, maybe you would be better served by learning why Jessi is doing what he's doing and learning his techniques and methods, as he's been a wealth of information here. It's the addage of taking a fish or learning how to fish. It's fine to ask if he's long or short in order to confirm your own setups, but it seems he's being asked what with a view to just blindly copying.

Thanks for your inputs Jessi. I've been learning a lot. Still trying to iron out how to read the charts and I still miss things here and there, but the reason I joined this forum is to learn more and make sustainable moolah.

I think its good suggestion, I am also in learning phase and trying to verify my setup works well with what Jessi is thinking. I am at moment not actively trading. Any suggestion will be very helpful!!!

Thanks

morning jessie

I think I agree with what you're saying. With all due respect to np74 and liver1234, maybe you would be better served by learning why Jessi is doing what he's doing and learning his techniques and methods, as he's been a wealth of information here. It's the addage of taking a fish or learning how to fish. It's fine to ask if he's long or short in order to confirm your own setups, but it seems he's being asked what with a view to just blindly copying.

Thanks for your inputs Jessi. I've been learning a lot. Still trying to iron out how to read the charts and I still miss things here and there, but the reason I joined this forum is to learn more and make sustainable moolah.

I have to agree with both of you and that is the reason I post detailed charts with reference lines, so that everyone can understand why some price levels are important.

Having said that, I also understand how hard and difficult it is to enter a trade even if you know the support and resistance area. You struggle to go with your own finding and in turn you miss the trade or you enter too soon or you enter too late.

Learning these skills takes time and I always support learning as this gives you the skills for life.

At least many people are able to openly come to this forum and ask questions, which in itself is great thing. This shows the eagerness to learn things instead of shy away from the reality.

I remember my days, when there was no such forum to go and even though ADVN was there, it was so difficult to discuss these things. Many times I used to stuck with trades... or even though I was confident (looking into the chart) and convinced with the chart, I did not had guts to enter the trade.

With so many failed trades in series, you are forced to think whether you have concluded support/resistance line correctly or not.

Jessi, reading this thread with interest, what are you using to trade, spreadbets or you actually trading the futures? I used to trade Bund, Bobl Shatz and Eurostoxx futures, purely scalping looking for literally a couple of ticks on the DOM, over at Marex, that was a few years ago now, I know times have trades, interested in how you are trading, ie stops 10 - 15 ticks looking for larger moves? I can see myself trading like this using IG or simlar..

I only use spreadbets on IG...