Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Last night on the greece news S&P shot up to 2083 and its now 5 handles above that.
Dow went to 985 and it hasnt topped that yet.

Odd.

Straight line charts - gotta love 'em.
Proves humans like to buy the same lot size at consistent intervals.
Oh no thats computers isnt it!

When this rally is going to stop - continuing tomorrow? Hope it would go to 17600-17700 until tuesday and would close my losing short positions unless there won't be major news about Greece or else on monday and strong downwards. SD, Postman - any suggestions? Should I wait until then?

What these rallies are all about - the economy is that strong? or they want to make it look strong hmm .. yet we live in uncertain times. Greece could get out of EU and make an domino effect happen(unlikely but possible) and the situation in Ukraine could get worse any time again..

All theses things will happen in march as per my sky reading :LOL: but only for a brief period, market is strong in 2015 overall (just saying)...i will tell the dates later .....just saying :LOL:

When this rally is going to stop - continuing tomorrow? Hope it would go to 17600-17700 until tuesday and would close my losing short positions unless there won't be major news about Greece or else on monday and strong downwards. SD, Postman - any suggestions? Should I wait until then?

I tried shorting 2 nights running and that got me nowhere, (-24 and +1). The only way is up, just look at the charts. No downside. The trend is your friend.

This is the reason day traders should close their positions overnight, because if you have an open position you cant make a good judgement on market direction next day. You are biased to find evidence to support your open position.

All theses things will happen in march as per my sky reading :LOL: but only for a brief period, market is strong in 2015 overall (just saying)...i will tell the dates later .....just saying :LOL:

I really don't have strong clue about these markets, when they do and why they do. I'll follow your mindsets about markets and try to learn something new..

I tried shorting 2 nights running and that got me nowhere, (-24 and +1). The only way is up, just look at the charts. No downside. The trend is your friend.

This is the reason day traders should close their positions overnight, because if you have an open position you cant make a good judgement on market direction next day. You are biased to find evidence to support your open position.

I had 3-4 new short positions different times during last 2 days +50 - +130 at best and hoping it would continue to 17600 but no, they came back always to opening price and closed - I should have maybe taken small wins every time :/

Do you read charts?

Well I'm supposed to learn more about charts and read them - but I've done stupid mistakes too many times by doing decisions based on feelings. I learned to use trend lines two weeks ago and started to make small progress before I got in these troubles and didn't get out of my losing positions early.. :/

Well I'm supposed to learn more about charts and read them - but I've done stupid mistakes too many times by doing decisions based on feelings. I learned to use trend lines two weeks ago and started to make small progress before I got in these troubles and didn't get out of my losing positions early.. :/

Great, you need to setup charts everyday before you start your trading day... chart will tell you what to do...prices on chart tells the whole story you need to know as a short term trader (NOT INVESTOR)...

In order to be a short term trader

1. You don't need to worry about f*** economy or GDP.
2. You don't need to be economist.
3. You don't need to worry about news.
4. You don't need to worry about whats going on earth.

All you need is "TO JUST LOOK ON CHART" they tells you whats going on...

1. You need to open your chart and see where price actions, patterns, support and resistance.
2. Plan when you would do what... say when price reach certain level I would do this and my stop will be this and my target will be this.... but that has to be backed my a reason... a technical reason (NOT NEWS.. ECONOMY or GUTS...).
4. Be like a machine.. and just keep doing the same thing every day....

Now open DOW chart... set it to 1 hourly chart... draw a support and resistance line and post it here..... I will tell you what might happen tomorrow....

Great, you need to setup charts everyday before you start your trading day... chart will tell you what to do...prices on chart tells the whole story you need to know as a short term trader (NOT INVESTOR)...

1. You don't need to worry about f*** economy or GDP.
2. You don't need to be economist.
3. You don't need to worry about news.
4. You don't need to worry about whats going on earth.

All you need is "TO JUST LOOK ON CHART" they tells you whats going on...

1. You need to open your chart and see where price actions, patterns, support and resistance.
2. Plan when you would do what... say when price reach certain level I would do this and my stop will be this and my target will be this.... but that has to be backed my a reason... a technical reason (NOT NEWS.. ECONOMY or GUTS...).
4. Be like a machine.. and just keep doing the same thing every day....

Now open DOW chart... set it to 1 hourly chart... draw a support and resistance line and post it here..... I will tell you what might happen tomorrow....

I tried to draw the lines what I see - not really sure what you think about them. I'm using MT4 charts- I couldn't get the picture show up better. Hope it would do. Support line around 17831 and resistance around 17989. Current closed price 17917.

Attachments

• dow30- 1h.JPG
    dow30- 1h.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 86
I tried to draw the lines what I see - not really sure what you think about them. I'm using MT4 charts- I couldn't get the picture show up better. Hope it would do. Support line around 17831 and resistance around 17989. Current closed price 17917.

Well done... this is the first step.

Please tell me which one is support and which one resistance? I guess you have two red lines on chart

please ignore... I got you resistance and support... sorry I did not read you post fully.... give me a sec