Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dax 4 hour
trends to watch
1zzjfr8 down to 10700 area

Last edited:
stopped -18

Never nice when Jessi goes against you! Should have took my loss earlier after seeing his post"! :)

- US Payrolls: whisper skewed to the downside of slightly softer reading,
but hefty seasonal adjustment and annual changes to population estimate
impart significant risk of an outlier (either direction)

- US Unemployment Rate: expected to hold at cyclical low, focus on
underemployment and participation rates

- US Average Hourly Earnings: rebound seen after December's quirky fall
from Marc Ostwald

** U.S.A. - January Labour market data **
- Following from the marginally weaker than expected ADP reading (213K vs. expected +223K), the whisper expectation is doubtless to the downside of the original consensus forecast of 230K headline 225K for Private Payrolls, with the setback in the Non-manufacturing ISM's Employment sub-index to 51.6 from 55.7 doubtless compounding that skew to the downside in terms of perceived risk, though that ISM sub-index has not been well correlated in month to month terms with Services Payrolls for a considerable period. Of perhaps greater significance is that Initial Claims were elevated during the survey week, thus hinting at downside risks, and that ADO Small Business Hiring slowed to 78K from 115K, which was the lowest reading August. Revisions will as ever be key, though the sector breakdown will garner particular attention, as the fall-out from the oil price crash takes it toll on the energy sectors and it related service providers. The Household survey is anticipated to see the Unemployment Rate unchanged at its cyclical low of 5.6%, though hefty seasonal adjustment (also to Payrolls) inevitably heightens the risk of an outlier. While roller coaster market sentiment across most classes will be very sensitive to anything that is wide of expectations, especially any 'weakness', it has to be observed that it will require a number of months of evidence of labour market weakening to prompt the FOMC to respond, and they will also be watching the Participation and Underemployment Rates closely. Equally, and as was very evident last month, Average Hourly Earnings will garner plenty of attention, which are expected to bounce 0.3% m/m after December's quirky fall of 0.2%, but this would still see the y/y rate at a very benign 1.9% (vs. December 1.7%), and per se continue to facilitate Fed 'patience'.
From Marc Ostwald

stopped -18

Never nice when Jessi goes against you! Should have took my loss earlier after seeing his post"! :)

Well, i was also thinking about long since dax was hanging around support but price could not move up for about an hour, 4 hour trend line broke by 30 minutes candlestick.

Hello everyone,

any idea how Dow30 may act today, up/down based on news/technical analysis?

seems Down with 800 and then 600

but can reverse at any of those support line... so keep watching for reversal pattern otherwise going to 650-600

Dow 15 min
we either break higher or bull test at 17770 area aqua and 17700 area/green

29xw0tv.gif

17800 first

seems Down with 800 and then 600

but can reverse at any of those support line... so keep watching for reversal pattern otherwise going to 650-600

I hope so - I'm trying to save my account at the moment. If it wouldn't go to 17900-18000 today before 17600. I opened 2 more short positions last night at 17800. Got already 3 previous shorts from 17360. Going to 1600 would help a lot and 17500 would save me back all my investment at shorts... hmm

Hello everyone,

any idea how Dow30 may act today, up/down based on news/technical analysis?

3 of the last 4 Fridays the Dow has fallen, but its up 830 points from this Mondays low. :eek:

It does look to be in a pretty strong uptrend this week. The trend is your friend.

I hope so - I'm trying to save my account at the moment. If it wouldn't go to 17900-18000 today before 17600. I opened 2 more short positions last night at 17800. Got already 3 previous shorts from 17360. Going to 1600 would help a lot and 17500 would save me back all my investment at shorts... hmm

if DAX breaks above 10910 and 30 minutes candlestick closes above 10910 , you should consider closing all your position short positions.

Last edited:
if DAX breaks above 10910 and 30 minutes candlestick closes above 10910 , you should consider closing all your position short positions.

How Dax and Dow act compare to each other. What they have in common.. I don't know the indices markets yet that well Jessi.. I've been trading Dow for only two weeks now -

How Dax and Dow act compare to each other. What they have in common.. I don't know the indices markets yet that well Jessi.. I've been trading Dow for only two weeks now -

Please don't try to figure out co-relation.... on weekly and monthly chart I agree but intraday can be completely different as well......