Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

well i suppose there's time yet :LOL:

think i'll give up trading and start a business selling pasties....

Dick,, cant see the rally myself... as I said the other day ,, sell strength this week.. after such a large rally in S&P and DOW traders will be looking to lock in their first qtr bonus. Especially after such a poor year 2011.

Am done for the day now.. but will watch a couple of forex pairs for entries I am looking at

wont be trading tomorrow .. dont do Fridays:cool:

a guy made a post on here a few days ago saying that the markets were inverted. this means that the futures price was less than the cash but it's usually the other way round. anybody confirm this?

well, impatience got the better of me, i long now - haven't had to hedge and turn it into a pair yet

well, impatience got the better of me, i long now - haven't had to hedge and turn it into a pair yet

You should have done the same as me, I've just mopped the terrace. That's what I got for not going for a walk in the park! :D

I'm back now, though. Wouldn't you say that it is likely to be a bit choppy, apart from the spike that we are likely to get?

You should have done the same as me, I've just mopped the terrace. That's what I got for not going for a walk in the park! :D

I'm back now, though. Wouldn't you say that it is likely to be a bit choppy, apart from the spike that we are likely to get?

dunno, split - I'm really looking for a pair trade since ftse has been so woefully weak vs dow recently and anticipating it will snap back and strengthen. Going long ftse first, just means that I can hold off on the dow short whilst the long ftse is in the money - sort of two bites of the cherry as it were

As far as I can tell, FTSE cash is now at its weakest v DJIA cash since 2004

I not been tracking it for that long, dom :LOL: Certainly ftse should be over 200 higher than it is if it had kept pace with dow from start of this year - and it's over 100 worse off in the last week alone.

s&p 1400 test or break?......ftse is giving back all it's quarterly gains ...i got a 63 fib at around 730 but it looks like a zoomer at the mo

Wow! Right on the bottom! I went in higher and lost 12.

That's it for today. You should pack in, too. You started early.

I not been tracking it for that long, dom :LOL: Certainly ftse should be over 200 higher than it is if it had kept pace with dow from start of this year - and it's over 100 worse off in the last week alone.

s&p 1400 test or break?......ftse is giving back all it's quarterly gains ...i got a 63 fib at around 730 but it looks like a zoomer at the mo

Could get your green bar today Dick :)

I have the pair trade on, long Ftse / short S&P, the spread is at its widest for many years, partly due to the strength of Apple shares but also chinese worries hitting miner stocks, Total's gas leak hitting oil producers.... i see a 5% reversal over the couple of months.

I have the pair trade on, long Ftse / short S&P, the spread is at its widest for many years, partly due to the strength of Apple shares but also chinese worries hitting miner stocks, Total's gas leak hitting oil producers.... i see a 5% reversal over the couple of months.

Mat , how do you work out a 5% reversal? whats the logic?

Could get your green bar today Dick :)

hi dj, sp stayed over 1400, think your 1394 level was in there somewhere (y)

not sure on ftse it still looks a bit weak and the volume has done a bit of a shift :(

i'm watching 5785 at the mo but need to go out for a couple of hours so probably won't trade this morning.

hi dj, sp stayed over 1400, think your 1394 level was in there somewhere (y)

not sure on ftse it still looks a bit weak and the volume has done a bit of a shift :(

i'm watching 5785 at the mo but need to go out for a couple of hours so probably won't trade this morning.

Yeah,, I am done for the day Dick.. I know I said I wasnt trading today,, but that open was to die for .. went long DAX shortly after 8.00am ... target done..

dont you just love it.. when it all comes together..

have a great weekend..(y)