Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

To balance the long / short debate

I've had 11 trades today, 8 short and 3 long, I've had 3 losses, 2 on long trades and one on a short trade :p, so for me, trade what i see not what I think :cheesy:

And to add to that, just missed a short whilst typing this from 15.32, and the bugger came in
I agree with trading what you see.i think if you are going with movement and it transpires that you are slightly wrong with your timing you can always get out and not get hurt too much.if however you are trying to bottom/top/ fish against moves this can cost.

There seems to be a competition going on between the Nikkei and the Dow.
Those arrogant Americans wont let the Japanese overtake them, so they just keep racing each other higher. :rolleyes:

update to the S500 futs chart we posted on Sunday
it bounced at the breakout point which we had marked
now into res
lets see what happens
60 min data.close plot
2wmdj44.gif

well...we nailed that one

US shares rose, after the SP500 Index retreated the most in more than five weeks yesterday. This rise was influenced by the rise in the prices of biotechnology and energy companies and data on construction spending supported the confidence in the economy.

The SP 500 fell 0.7% yesterday, the biggest drop since 22 October, with weaker sales data from Black Friday.

Today’s data showed that construction spending rose more than estimated in October. The government labor report, later this week, may reveal that companies added 230,000 payrolls in November, while the unemployment rate is expected to remain at 5.8%, according to the consensus forecast by economists .

Mchugh ranting that he got a Hindenburg omen yesterday
last one was Sept 19th followed by a 1300 decline in the Dow

Mchugh ranting that he got a Hindenburg omen yesterday
last one was Sept 19th followed by a 1300 decline in the Dow

Wow its been almost a year since I heard a Hindenburg omen story. I didnt turn out to be that omenous the last 4 times though.

You never know if people keep calling the top one day they'll be right. Very poor, but right. ;)

the guy got confused
film 4 last night a horror movie
The Hindenburg Omen
starring Damien Hirst