Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

oh come on, reksa, don't spoil a good story :LOL:

Just have never been confident with them. I prefer them on the 1mc.

I do watch for them at extremes, but then what's extreme?

Would never use them without other TA to back me up on the larger time scales.

ftse hourly looking better

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 106
i dont base my trading on Pivots but do keep an eye on them as targets sometimes.

On the DAx they seem to offer realistic support & resistance zones

Cool. Did not know if it was part of your trading system.
Just wanted to make sure you got the code for the pivots as the stock ones are calculated over 24 hours.

Cool. Did not know if it was part of your trading system.
Just wanted to make sure you got the code for the pivots as the stock ones are calculated over 24 hours.

I just switched them on on the chart package have, have no idea how they are calculated

well i wanted some volatility -

you know what they say beware what you wish for :-(

Long DAx 6758 stop at entry fingers firmly crossed

ftse not liking getting dragged up here at all - real weak against DOW rise

ftse hourly looking better

Yes, I liked the hourly chart too until the sell off. FTSE did an exact 127% extension and is now pulling back into old support at 5903. 50% retrace is 5905. 61.8% is 5911.5. Unusual to get such a pronounced V shaped reversal. The ES usually has a go at the extreme within half an hour of the low. Nothing so far.

well i wanted some volatility -

you know what they say beware what you wish for :-(

Long DAx 6758 stop at entry fingers firmly crossed

Its looking good. :D

If the FTSE could close anywhere near its high, we could have an attempt at 6000 tomorrow.

Something for the weekend papers.

Yes, I liked the hourly chart too until the sell off. FTSE did an exact 127% extension and is now pulling back into old support at 5903. 50% retrace is 5905. 61.8% is 5911.5. Unusual to get such a pronounced V shaped reversal. The ES usually has a go at the extreme within half an hour of the low. Nothing so far.

Do you still have a play on the 16:29 candle?
Did that ever happen before or am I making things up?

Do you still have a play on the 16:29 candle?
Did that ever happen before or am I making things up?

It works some days and does nothing on others. You need to superimpose the FTSE over the ES on a 1 min chart, and usually the FTSE will drift up or down away from the ES. The trade is to go with the direction of the drift and close it at 4:30pm. I am not convinced it works consistently enough. When there is less eurobabble going on it works better.

It works some days and does nothing on others. You need to superimpose the FTSE over the ES on a 1 min chart, and usually the FTSE will drift up or down away from the ES. The trade is to go with the direction of the drift and close it at 4:30pm. I am not convinced it works consistently enough. When there is less eurobabble going on it works better.

That's interesting, Martin - it's basically what I do with the pair trade 'cept I'm assuming a drift back, so I'm going against the direction (of the drift - not the FTSE) rather than with it.

Not sure what the futures FTSE/ES action looked like but if you look at you superimposed action there should be a widening drift from around 14:50 which is now closing. The "difference" didn't get enough for me to trade tho.