Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I dont think theres any rhyme or reason to it, people come along and speculate, they buy a position and put in a stop or sell a position and put in a stop and the algos move the prices round until the stops get taken out and the MM's make a profit.
Theres no justification for the moves over the past few days, weeks, months.

Stop hunting is par for the course it Forex, so i guess it would be naive to think the Man wouldn't try to screw us that way in the indices.

I do not agree becuase every one in the world knew that there won't be any war. Moreover, Ukraine never countered and never used aggressive language.

If you remember what happend during 9/11 , not very far then you will see how world event can change the market. Another example was lehman brothers, that was also an event.

But on a day to day basis, i feel postman has a point, but not on global events, they will take a back seat till they can make better judgment on the situation.

I do not agree becuase every one in the world knew that there won't be any war. Moreover, Ukraine never countered and never used aggressive language.

If you remember what happend during 9/11 , not very far then you will see how world event can change the market. Another example was lehman brothers, that was also an event.

Look back at every natural or man made disaster over the last 100 years and then look how the markets recovered fully afterwards.
Reacting to disasters is emotional, algos remove that from the equation, thus smoothing out the big highs and lows.
The Dow is down 135 points from its algo driven high today, I guess all the stops have been taken out and now were going down. Unless someone shot the president?
I take my hat off to you though, you called the top. But you've been calling the crash since last year.

But on a day to day basis, i feel postman has a point, but not on global events, they will take a back seat till they can make better judgment on the situation.

I had a list of Banks, trading company and hedge funds going bust every year in US. I can't remember where it was I guess barrons.

If they knew no bank or hedge fund will lose millions or billions every year.

The thing is, this is fishing business. You know there are fish in the pond and you try to catch them. This is business. But you cannot guarantee anything, you do not know how the season will look like, you do not know if pond will be dried and flooded.

But since you consider this as a business you develop rules and strategy and risk factor you make to grab the fish safely. But again there is no guarantee because there are many things you do not have control over.

JT

Last edited:
I go back to my post about Forex and stop running, besides Banks seem to lose money not on their bread and butter business but when they get greedy and some smart ar5e goes off at a tangent.

Today, 10:20am

Morning All

DOW running out of gas now... can't fly too high... 16450 - 16480 if at all will be excellent for now... before crashing at the end.

Should be down day....

Today, 12:07pm

Cannot go beyond that circle in my chart... which is 16460-16480...

Today, 2:05pm

Look what happened exactly

The days not over yet, its a bit early to be calling for a crash.

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 91
Time for one of these I think.

Anyone for tennis?

Attachments

• tennis2.jpg
    tennis2.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 309
Look back at every natural or man made disaster over the last 100 years and then look how the markets recovered fully afterwards.
Reacting to disasters is emotional, algos remove that from the equation, thus smoothing out the big highs and lows.
The Dow is down 135 points from its algo driven high today, I guess all the stops have been taken out and now were going down. Unless someone shot the president?
I take my hat off to you though, you called the top. But you've been calling the crash since last year.

Market is bound to recover, its like rubber... its a cycle which leads to ups and downs, it can not be only up and only down.

I have been calling crash but again crash does not happens in one day... its a build-up which takes time. Specially breaking a primary cycle needs some process to be completed.

On that note, most of the traders if not all ends up selling their strategy or selling trading training at the end, when they gets tired. No one can be consistently make money in the market because market changes and old strategies fails, you then need a research and a new strategy. You lose money and get tired.

Can you guarantee that you can make money consistently whole of your life, no matter how good your trading plan or strategy is? That will not last and one day strategy keeps failing and you keep diverting from your plan and your plan fails. Can anyone in this forum guarantee that?

JT

Last edited:

On that note, most of the traders if not all ends up selling their strategy or selling trading training at the end, when they gets tired. No one can be consistently make money in the market because market changes and old strategies fails, you then need a research and a new strategy. You lose money and get tired.

Can you guarantee that you can make money consistently whole of your life, no matter how good your trading plan or strategy is? That will not last and one day strategy keeps failing and you keep diverting from your plan and your plan fails. Can anyone in this forum guarantee that?

JT

I agree that trading strategies have a sell by date, but not traders who are willing to change, hence the "Evolve and thrive" signature.

Market is bound to recover, its like rubber... its a cycle which leads to ups and downs, it can not be only up and only down.
JT

Sorry, but to use your own words from today, "yeah, what you see depends on where you are looking from, which angle and how far you want to see".
Markets only go up. If your strategy over your lifetime encompassed that fact you will be in profit. Hence my 'Its not a zero sum game' thread which so far no one has refuted.

I have been calling crash but again crash does not happens in one day... its a build-up which takes time. Specially breaking a primary cycle needs some process to be completed.

JT

Hmmm. The clue is in the word, "crash", its either a build up OR a crash.

Sorry, but to use your own words from today, "yeah, what you see depends on where you are looking from, which angle and how far you want to see".
Markets only go up. If your strategy over your lifetime encompassed that fact you will be in profit. Hence my 'Its not a zero sum game' thread which so far no one has refuted.

Whats wrong with that my own words are together. How its different?

Market keeps going down. We are about less then an hour away from close.

Does any one still thinks market will close up?