Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi DC welcome back ... hope all is well with grandchild.... you may have missed the photo below...... Cant make my mind up on direction today.. I am short FTSE at 5490.. but now looks like it is forming a base to drive up from

LOL every things hunky dorry my friend

as for your FTSE short easy as

FTSE producing new monthly target low on monday and the 5089 set in stone which would currently be about half way there

Hi y'all.... would like all your thoughts on the following....

has anyone else noticed the uncanny similarity between the price action during Jan, Feb, Mar, April 2008 and what we have seen over the last 4 mths ??? I dont need to tell you what happened in May 2008 and through to Sept/ Oct 2008....

Can anyone say anything or put any argument forward as to why this wouldnt happen this time??

This is important guys.. because we could make a lot of cash if we get this next move right... would very much appreciate input.

wont fall that far this time

but if your looking for 1000 off the FTSE then no problem we are in it FTSE monday gave target 4659

has anyone else noticed the uncanny similarity between the price action during Jan, Feb, Mar, April 2008 and what we have seen over the last 4 mths ??? I dont need to tell you what happened in May 2008 and through to Sept/ Oct 2008....

Can anyone say anything or put any argument forward as to why this wouldnt happen this time??

This is important guys.. because we could make a lot of cash if we get this next move right... would very much appreciate input.

It does look very similar. The fear would be a massive news event ( ECB creating a 2 trillion bond purchase scheme etc )

Personally I can't see why we have not gone down already.
Anyway - my concern is how irrational the market reacts to news from the politicos and that could mean a rapid rally of 700 points.

Just my views and I am an amateur so they could be ignorant

f

Hey John, good spot on the chart. They look very similar pattern wise.
I would love a down turn to make some money but I would be happy with the FTSE back down to test this year’s low and then rally through to April.
As I have mentioned before a guy I know who runs a Wealth Management company has got 2700 target for FTSE next year. That’s scary, but he knows way more than me. But only one mans argument.
This is my ‘GUESS’ at what will happen in the short term. Italian yields get to a point when they don’t return below 7 % yield. Spain may also join them, but France I think is safe. Germany will have to face facts and let the ECB go as far as needed.
Further than that I have no idea. But that should be enough to test the lows.

Whats your views?

Mark

but if your looking for 1000 off the FTSE then no problem we are in it FTSE monday gave target 4659

Does your thinking have an entry point at the moment? Allowing for say 100 point stop?

I don't know what the market is waiting for this morning. Volume is low and price action very mincy. It has the look of a consolidation before a break to the downside.

I guess its waiting for the Spanish bond auction results in a few minutes. The yields will still be high. The ECB will still be buying them. So what will happen with equities? Just have to wait and see if a trend appears with any volume increase. I have sat on my hands for most of this am session so far.

I guess its waiting for the Spanish bond auction results in a few minutes. The yields will still be high. The ECB will still be buying them. So what will happen with equities? Just have to wait and see if a trend appears with any volume increase. I have sat on my hands for most of this am session so far.

the big one is the french results -- out any minute !!

Hi y'all

have attached chart for German Bunds... as many of you will knoow if risk is off then the Bund goes up.. we are at all time highs now .. and look at the price action .. this looks like going higher...

Attachments

• Capture Bund.JPG
    Capture Bund.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 131
Does your thinking have an entry point at the moment? Allowing for say 100 point stop?

Hi DJ missed this post it would have been at the 5490s my first area to take profit would be 5398 which should come before US open 2nd one would be 4272 which should come after US open
The FTSE only needs to produce low today and rest tomorrow the DOW needs to produce a new low today and tomorrow this would have effect of pushing buy day for FTSE into monday

Nationwide's consumer confidence index dropped to 36 from 45 in September, the lowest since the survey began in May 2004.
"A wave of disappointing economic news at home and ongoing uncertainty surrounding the Euro crisis have dealt a heavy blow to sentiment," said Nationwide's chief economist Robert Gardner.
The survey showed that consumers had become even more cautious about spending. "Nearly half of consumers viewed it as a bad time to make a major purchase in October, compared to a quarter who viewed it as a good time to buy," Gardner said.
The findings bode ill for retailers' business during the crucial Christmas shopping period.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8895596/UK-consumer-confidence-hits-record-low.html

Last edited:
Hi y'all

have attached chart for German Bunds... as many of you will knoow if risk is off then the Bund goes up.. we are at all time highs now .. and look at the price action .. this looks like going higher...

I would agree certainly 143 on the cards and 153 going forward into next March

Hi DJ missed this post it would have been at the 5490s my first area to take profit would be 5398 which should come before US open 2nd one would be 4272 which should come after US open
The FTSE only needs to produce low today and rest tomorrow the DOW needs to produce a new low today and tomorrow this would have effect of pushing buy day for FTSE into monday

Cheers DC... I was short at 5450.. just exited at 5423.. just above buy day low ES is already below the buy day low..

was a bit late getting to my desk this morning .. after too many beers last night.

Hi y'all

Daddy

Great chart

Looks very strong for an upside break

DC.. are you sure you meant 4272?? today??!!

I know I ask you a lot of questions DC..:confused: and you must be getting real tired of me right now :( but being the inquisitive type I find it hard to accept conclusions without understanding the logic to get to said conclusion:?:

I know Monday was a buy day with high made first in a downward pattern... BUT pray tell me old mucker... how the %%$$** did Monday point you to 4659?? I am sure you are right... but.... nuff said:eek: