Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

If you are going to read 3 rd party views it is really important that you read opposing themes..bull..bear..

I spent too long reading one commentators bearish comments and just wanted to short all day.. Or go live on an island somewhere ... Even when the mood is bad there is always money waiting to buy back in...most money funds in the world are buy only... And where will the money go when they can't trust sovereigns any more? Blue chip dividends .... The next safe haven.... IBM etc... The next AAA s

Just a thought!

Yes you have to read bull and bear alike, but Nick McDonald is only interested in technicals and believes that the fundementals are already priced in to the chart. I followed John Mauldin for a while. I remember he was very bearish a couple of years ago and said expect a big sell off in May. It never happened.

And as for the Nasdaq, it is testing the highs and usually leads any recovery. So that you could say is bullish.

Yes today should be a buy day. They've taken it down. Let's see if they take it up after the German ZEW.

My comments in my notebook for the ZEW:
Tends to range between 9:30am and 10am prior to release. Normally has a lot of price action movement prior to 9:30am. After 10am, usually good for another 30 pts till 11am. There is usually a small spike on the number at 10am.

Just nice to have a better morning for price action. An up and a down trend with several nice pullback entries.

Eurostoxx and Dax far more bearish than FTSE... Bunds have rocketed putting in another Z day.. I think Oil is keeping ftse higher.. there is a WTI option expiry this afternoon,, which is perhaps keeping oil higher than it should... this is definitley one of the problems with trading FTSE.. bloody oil ...

Looks like the buying has started. Watch for a bounce off 5484 (50%) then maybe a move up to 5514.

Come on Martin. You forgot 261.8% and 423.6% (n)

There's still time for those ones, but for now we have a trendline bounce on the 1 hr chart. I don't usually put trend lines on the 1 hr chart, because you don't always get a long enough trend to give you enough line touches for a decent line. I was expecting the ES to make it to 200% after it passed 161.8%, but it bounced off the trendline before that.

Walmart's earnings will be what our yankee friends care about right now. Most americans don't know where Italy or Greece are on a map, but they know where their nearest Walmart is. Walmart missed by a penny but guided higher. All we need are reasonable retail numbers at 1:30pm, and the yanks will go on another shopping spree.

Attachments

• 15 Nov 2011 1hr ES trendline bounce.jpg
    15 Nov 2011 1hr ES trendline bounce.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 134
There's still time for those ones, but for now we have a trendline bounce on the 1 hr chart. I don't usually put trend lines on the 1 hr chart, because you don't always get a long enough trend to give you enough line touches for a decent line. I was expecting the ES to make it to 200% after it passed 161.8%, but it bounced off the trendline before that.

Walmart's earnings will be what our yankee friends care about right now. Most americans don't know where Italy or Greece are on a map, but they know where their nearest Walmart is. Walmart missed by a penny but guided higher. All we need are reasonable retail numbers at 1:30pm, and the yanks will go on another shopping spree.

Martin does your charting package draw those trend lines?

Last edited:
Hard to read the afternoon session. Good retail sales but those Italian Bonds are creeping up again.

Martin does your charting package draw those trend lines?

No Mark. Those trend lines are drawn by little old me. I don't think OEC do an automated trendline function, but ProReal Charts do if you want to spend about £35 per month.

No Mark. Those trend lines are drawn by little old me. I don't think OEC do an automated trendline function, but ProReal Charts do if you want to spend about £35 per month.

Yes with PRT its much easier. I use the prorealtrend it to see if i am missing anything. Autochartist.com is pretty goog too.

Attachments

• PRT S&P.PNG
    PRT S&P.PNG
    78.6 KB · Views: 146
We just tested the trendline again. It bounced off it, retraced a little and then broke just above it. The FTSE completed its 127% extension and then didn't want to go back and test the high. Let's see what it does at about 3:05pm, after the data has settled in. My gut feeling tells me it will keep going up, but won't know until it does.