Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Im lost for words happy but lost for words

numbers though:LOL:5368 was confirmed yesterday

would like at least 5415 today

That's what happens when stops are triggered for the big guys. They got their 38% retracement off last nights highs and then were happy walking it back up there. All it took was for 5555 on the FTSEZ1 and 1264 on the ES not to hold, and it folded fairly quickly and savagely. Thank the bond market for that one.

5497 will be first signal have to break by at least 15 points then pullback

Im lost for words happy but lost for words

numbers though:LOL:5368 was confirmed yesterday

would like at least 5415 today

Dc is 5089 still in play? Or is the 5368 a revision higher.

I know someone with a 2700 target on the FTSE over the next few years. :eek:

That's what happens when stops are triggered for the big guys. They got their 38% retracement off last nights highs and then were happy walking it back up there. All it took was for 5555 on the FTSEZ1 and 1264 on the ES not to hold, and it folded fairly quickly and savagely. Thank the bond market for that one.

Nice trade on ES from yesterday Martin. Did you take 64 or hold out for more?

Dc is 5089 still in play? Or is the 5368 a revision higher.

I know someone with a 2700 target on the FTSE over the next few years. :eek:

Hi Reksa
5089 still in play and set in stone thats a monthly target for November

the 5368 is a weekly target which should hit by late thursday, the prefernce being an early hit thursday for a buy then sideways friday before more down early next week

2700 :eek:

Nice trade on ES from yesterday Martin. Did you take 64 or hold out for more?

Mark, I had two contracts short from 1273. I closed one at 7:50am at 1266.75, and I closed the second one at 8:07am at 1264.75. I closed the first one before 8am cos you never know what bounce will come at the open. I closed the second one because it was close enough to 1264.0 I didn't see any reason to hold on for more because there was no logic for doing so. There was a strong level at 64, so bank the money and wait for the next opportunity. I don't usually do overnight trades. That would make me a swinger, and I would get thrown out of the scalpers club for that.

Morning campers !!!:sleep:

just arrived at my desk.. had to go to the H and have foot xrayed... so "what's occurring?" is this move down due to Italian bond yields again? or what excuse is the market giving today?

Mark, I had two contracts short from 1273. I closed one at 7:50am at 1266.75, and I closed the second one at 8:07am at 1264.75. I closed the first one before 8am cos you never know what bounce will come at the open. I closed the second one because it was close enough to 1264.0 I didn't see any reason to hold on for more because there was no logic for doing so. There was a strong level at 64, so bank the money and wait for the next opportunity. I don't usually do overnight trades. That would make me a swinger, and I would get thrown out of the scalpers club for that.

Top man. You had your target and you took it. Good start to the day.
I was surprised by your overnight trade. Looks like we are wearing on you with our swinging ways :cheesy:

Martin

from what levels did you get your fib levels

Fletchie, I think you already sorted this but here is my 1 hr chart with those Fib levels. The 38% level I was talking about was the same as the 100% level at 1264.0 which was my target. A 38% retracement from a high is the same move as from 161.8% back to 100%.

Looks like we should have a bit of a pullback up now, before we get a series of down days. Unless of course Silvio slips up in the shower and speeds up the process.

Attachments

• 9 Nov 2011 ES Fib Levels.jpg
    9 Nov 2011 ES Fib Levels.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 153

just arrived at my desk.. had to go to the H and have foot xrayed... so "what's occurring?" is this move down due to Italian bond yields again? or what excuse is the market giving today?

DJ - It was mostly down to the bond spread for the italian/german bonds. Stops got hit on the bond market as well as the index futures.

you been sticking your foot in it again dj?:LOL: