Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Also, just looking through my trading journal,and I can't remember the last time I traded the gap. They do seem to close most days of late, even if it is massive. Is anyone else trading the gap from 9pm to 8am on the FTSE futures? Maybe cos the gaps have been so big it is too much risk to have to make up 60pts or more.

I trade the gap on the cash market. It filled 8 out of the last 12 opens. Got a +155 and - 122 as two of the gaps that were not filled so you would not trade those, you might fade for a bit. So really 8 of the last 10.

Then there are silly ones like today that did not get filled at + 9.

Also, just looking through my trading journal,and I can't remember the last time I traded the gap. They do seem to close most days of late, even if it is massive. Is anyone else trading the gap from 9pm to 8am on the FTSE futures? Maybe cos the gaps have been so big it is too much risk to have to make up 60pts or more.

depends on day of week

you still with it barjon:D

yeah - i hedged with dow soon after my post, though, in anticipation of continued ftse strength vs dow. it's been stronger but nothing to write home about, there's about a net 15 - 18 in it at the moment but i'll hold through tomorrow as ftse due a good bit of relative strength.

I trade the gap on the cash market. It filled 8 out of the last 12 opens. Got a +155 and - 122 as two of the gaps that were not filled so you would not trade those, you might fade for a bit. So really 8 of the last 10.

Then there are silly ones like today that did not get filled at + 9.

I really must get back to trading the gap. A gap of 30 pts seems to have no problem closing these days. In normal boring markets it had a one in ten chance of closing 30 pts.

As for tonight, it looks like the Berlusconi effect has won the day. Doesn't mean he is going. Just scene one of the the final act.

The ES just hit its 161.8% extension at 1273.50, which is where I have gone short. That's taking yesterday's high and this mornings low for your 100% and 0% levels. My target would be 1264-ish, which is roughly the 38% retracement. It could go up a little further and hit 1275 which is 200% extension of a longer time frame, but that has to be it. He said hopefully.

gUYS

have been reading this thread non-stop for last few days

It is really interesting so many thanks
Some great trading ideas for a novice

bad habits ...every time i have a good day i moon at my screens :cheesy: it kinda helps me come back into the real world....just hope mrs L doesn't catch me :LOL:

yeah - i hedged with dow soon after my post, though, in anticipation of continued ftse strength vs dow. it's been stronger but nothing to write home about, there's about a net 15 - 18 in it at the moment but i'll hold through tomorrow as ftse due a good bit of relative strength.

Hey Barjon. I too often hedge with the DOW. Also like the idea that if the FTSE increases strength i will have an increase in equity.

Can i ask why you think the FTSE will gain strength? Is it just the news flow out of Europe?

I have strength comparison against the Dow on these charts but i cant see any clear signals.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• FTSE 1 hour.PNG
    FTSE 1 hour.PNG
    119.9 KB · Views: 142
  • FTSE DAILY.PNG
    FTSE DAILY.PNG
    101.6 KB · Views: 140
bad habits ...every time i have a good day i moon at my screens :cheesy: it kinda helps me come back into the real world....just hope mrs L doesn't catch me :LOL:

You mean you drop your draws and bear your **** to your computer screens??? I think that is a great idea!!! Will try it tomorrow!!!

Hey Barjon. I too often hedge with the DOW. Also like the idea that if the FTSE increases strength i will have an increase in equity.

Can i ask why you think the FTSE will gain strength? Is it just the news flow out of Europe?

I have strength comparison against the Dow on these charts but i cant see any clear signals.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Reksa

Here's the daily strength/weakness for the last month. Overall, FTSE has been weak by about 150 so the elastic band is due a snap back. Another reason for me favouring ftse longs at the moment.

Also thrown in the hourly strength/weakness - it's been a volatile beast lately.

jon

Attachments

• ftseSW.JPG
    ftseSW.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 129
  • hourly.JPG
    hourly.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 121
Reksa

Here's the daily strength/weakness for the last month. Overall, FTSE has been weak by about 150 so the elastic band is due a snap back. Another reason for me favouring ftse longs at the moment.

Also thrown in the hourly strength/weakness - it's been a volatile beast lately.

jon

Thanks Jon