Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ES retraced 50% yesterdays low - high - almost smack bang in the middle of yesterdays Value Area.. I poicked it up at 1249..but again let it go too soon --- oh well!!

right then time for a brew give the trade an hour to settle in

but leave limit in at 5473

My bias is short but i am being greedy and looking for 5600 - 5620 cash and i think that could be the top floor for now. (161 extension, R2 and high resistance level from the first hours price action)
When they announce the new Greek leader we should get a lift. But only if they do announce this soon, as expected.

I think while the market is waiting for Greek and Italian news, it isn't going to do a whole lot. If Van Helsing can drive a stake through Berlusconis heart, there will be a big bounce in the markets. But I expect Silvio to survive today and drag it out for another month or so.

I think while the market is waiting for Greek and Italian news, it isn't going to do a whole lot. If Van Helsing can drive a stake through Berlusconis heart, there will be a big bounce in the markets. But I expect Silvio to survive today and drag it out for another month or so.

The Italian vote is at 15:30. But i don't think it will be finished before the cash bell.

If Berlusconis greatest love songs get to number 1 in the charts this Christmas he is going nowhere.

just a waiting game

in order to go high we have to go low, why does that sound like a quote from a movie, at the very least we would have to hit 5497

The Italian vote is at 15:30. But i don't think it will be finished before the cash bell.

that would tie in very nicely with the low and late buying on the FTSE and a bit of a DOW rally before the fall

If Berlusconis greatest love songs get to number 1 in the charts this Christmas he is going nowhere.

So any big hedge fund that is short should keep buying the record. It's either Silvio or Cliff for number one!

The volume has completely gone out of the market. You should not be entering new positions unless the volume picks up. We are below 50 lots per minute.

yesterday i traded like an idiot and lost a heap:(

but today I traded like a pro and got back to almost break even for the wk :)

just to let the new guys know it happens to us all :(:(

I moaned that much that mrs lexic hit me with a big stick.....honest! !:eek:

then she threatened to turn of the router...

well I had to knuckle down then didn't I ? :mad:

:LOL::LOL:

I know the feeling. Only difference is I usually have several hours sweating before Mrs S comes home from work and hits me with a big stick:cry:

classic LMAO with mental picture of trader being hit with stick "shock and awe"

Mrs DC does the "coffee dear??"

and "guitar or gun??"

If 1264 doesn't hold on the ES, then I have 1268 as next resistance, followed by 1273.

For the FTSEZ1 I have 161.8% at 5590. The only way it should get there is on euronews. The market is clearly waiting for something to happen. We haven't seen such a quiet day in a long time.