Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

By extension, shouldn't this favour stocks on a longer term and therefore any intermediate sell-offs are buying opporunities as sellers are likely to be either forced weak hands, highly leveraged or profit takers

Macros are improving (slowly) and there are plenty of companies with solid fundamentals and strong balance sheets: I am honing my wishlist of names with good yields, strong EPS records and low borrowing...

On a more serious note, this is a good 'long term' view given what we know today. I can't speak for everyone on the 'scalping' forum but long term views like this wont make us money today or maybe even next week.

The market oscillates on a short, medium and long term basis and people should use information that suits their own trading time frames.
Price action and daily channels work for me.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_375 Jun. 21 12.44.jpg
    ScreenHunter_375 Jun. 21 12.44.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 112
On a more serious note, this is a good 'long term' view given what we know today. I can't speak for everyone on the 'scalping' forum but long term views like this wont make us money today or maybe even next week.

The market oscillates on a short, medium and long term basis and people should use information that suits their own trading time frames.
Price action and daily channels work for me.

fair comment - I forgot where I was..on numerous levels

I'm seeing a failed re entry of the upward channel on the Dow. It's been going lower for 2 hours now. Anything under 14838 says min downside 14788.
Just a view.

fair comment - I forgot where I was..on numerous levels

Sorry, this thread has long passed "scalping the FTSE futures" I post any old rubbish and they haven't kicked me off yet. Please share any more thoughts, and, welcome.

Do you know the return you can get from a binary option on the ftse closing down today. - I do !

did u buy the "ftse to close below 6160" bet?

at ftse 6244 it must have been 1p and now about 46 ? am i close

That would have been a great trade. FTSE strength earlier was clearly distorted by option expiry IMO. US indices were not buying that strength.

I'm seeing a failed re entry of the upward channel on the Dow. It's been going lower for 2 hours now. Anything under 14838 says min downside 14788.
Just a view.

Decent is slowing - worth taking some profits here.

"How low can you go... How low can you go..."

does look a bit ominous again. Sold into this am's rally at 6235 from an overnight long and now adopting the third position - out and watching.

Given yesterday's break of 6223ish which had been respected since Feb ,looks like a revisit of last December is on the cards.... tricky trading this beast at the mo: reckon its beyond my current skillset and risk appetite

Volume profile looks gappy on the FTSE down to 6060s which is around the 61.8% retrace of the Nov low to May high: might be pretty fast sub 6110 to the mid 6000s

good bounce around the 6060s if it loses 6040 then I reckon its sub 6000 ..pause at 5950s

Guys this am i posted about the "gap" in dax at 06 now filled time to buy , i know i am :)