Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

hi ads57

watched a good video by a chap called steve smith, top options guy, he said it is good to compare the implied volatility on options to realized volatility to see what the "spread" is are options selling above or below what realized volatility says.

Thanks SD.

If we are going to get a decent drop I think options are a better way of playing it rather than just simply going short with a wide stop.

How's omni's short going ? The drop will
Probably come out of knowhere when it happens , even with a poor NFP market
Just think woohooo more QE it's getting stupid now , cannot believe the fed added te wording that they can increase as well as decrease QE , if try pump
More money this thing will implode

I don't know where its going bus if that's your point , but i don't ignore the news and FA and that's to save myself from saying : "wtf why it keeps going up? why what happened ? ... etc " , case in point the yen crosses lately didn't buy yes but didn't go short either .

Thought you might have a feeling on it.
Feel that the fundamentals for the Aussie in the last 12 months have broken down.
Weaker metal, soft commodities, lower rates and weaker economic data.
Aussie remained above parity, when maybe should be looking in low 90 cent area.
The technical approach would have seemed the better approach in the last 12 months.
Watching the Aussie on data release days, seems to go up on bad news and down on good news most of the time.

Sell in May, but when.

Attachments

• SP Monthly Returns since 1980.xlsx
    613.5 KB · Views: 149
Thought you might have a feeling on it.
Feel that the fundamentals for the Aussie in the last 12 months have broken down.
Weaker metal, soft commodities, lower rates and weaker economic data.
Aussie remained above parity, when maybe should be looking in low 90 cent area.
The technical approach would have seemed the better approach in the last 12 months.
Watching the Aussie on data release days, seems to go up on bad news and down on good news most of the time.

Hi ,

Yes it is clear it was weak a bit but the stock market rally helped here , after all it is still a higher IR currency and such currencies like AUD and NZD are more correlated to equities "risk on" look at the NZD crosses for example , and if not for the weakness the AUD clearly would've gone higher with the SP500 rally but it didn't , take a look at AUD/NZD you can see the weakness ...

Morning All

Hong Kong is dropping into the close.
Could weigh on the FTSE and DAX for next 50 mins.

think draghi needs to reduce rates more, the eur/usd is not much different from before the rate cut

its strange to think that approx 27 countries in euro have one inflation rate.

Not sure reducing rates is going to do anything though, it never gets passed on to the economies. After those comments this morning to ignore the neg rates comments from a few ECB members that given eurusd a bid.

So will we have a repeat ?????????????

US stocks.jpg