Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Or create a money making system like Samirs ! did u get the 20 grand u wanted ?

When a stock market rises unsustainably, it can create a financial bubble that sooner or later will burst. Dr. Tobias Preis explains whether concepts from physics can be used to create a law describing exactly how such crashes occur.

Tobias Preis, Physicist & Complex Systems Scientist
Dr. Tobias Preis is a scientist and founder of Artemis Capital Asset Management. He performed complex systems research at Boston University and ETH Zurich. He was awarded a Ph.D. in physics and is a member of the Gutenberg Academy. His current research focuses on quantifying and modeling financial market fluctuations. Recently, he headed a research team which provided evidence that search engine query data and stock market fluctuations are correlated.

TEDxZurich - Tobias Preis - Bubble Trouble - YouTube

I did, up more than 6% now I think.

we have a new winner

Winners of the Soloquan Trophy

Post 1000 - Dick Lexic
Post 2000 - MartinC-J
Post 3000 - reksa
Post 4000 - Splitlink
Post 5000 - barjon

Post 6000 - barjon
Post 7000 - Dick Lexic
Post 8000 - Splitlink
Post 9000 - SuddenDeath
Post 10000 - Soloquan

Post 11000 - Dick Lexic
Post 12000 - SuddenDeath
Post 13000 - barjon
Post 14000 - barjon
Post 14443 - et.
Post 15000 - hereward the wake

Post 16000 - jungerns
Post 17000 - SuddenDeath
Post 18000 - Dick Lexic
Post 19000 - SuddenDeath
Post 20000 - bustech

Post 21000 - SuddenDeath
Post 22000 - samspade

enjoy

looking at that list reminds me that we have not heard from several posters that used to frequent this board.

For example I wonder how Jungerns is getting on. I know he used to only play the short side so I hope he managed to ride out this year's bull run.

Morning All

Bit out of touch for the week, but did read this report from IG.
Also noted in AUS today miners had a big up day and banks big down day.
ASX was down 0.5% because of the weighting
Could be a range day in the UK and US.

The commodity trade came back with a vengeance today, and whether this is one-day affair or the start of something more compelling, we have seen traders taking shorts off the table, and many putting on new longs.

CME Copper looks interesting, and while the February downtrend is intact, a break of $3.35 (the 38.2% retracement of the January to April sell-off) should see a move back to $3.50 materialise. Talk that China is back in the market as the end-buyer seems to be the supporting factor; while a fall in US jobless claims would not have hurt either.

Gold continues to find buyers and has retraced over 61.8% of the losses seen in the two-day liquation from $1564 to $1321. The prospect of the central bank buying, as well as a strong physical demand, has put a bid in the market and reminded everyone that it’s not all about speculators.

We feel there are still upside risks in the short-term, but given trend and momentum indicators are still painting a negative outlook, belief is shorts at around $1503 (the 31.8% retracement of the October to April sell-off), with stops at $1560.

Morning Guys

Some bad news out overnight but market wont care, we are in buy dips mode mode, suggesting longs need stops below 7800 level, also suggest taking profits ahead of US GDP and buying any sell off. Dax bullish as long at 7760 holds (CASH) Happy Friday !

Markets pretty quite ahead of GDP , Month end next week also so will be some funds starting the window dressing from today.

morning bustech
morning everyone

FTSE pivots 6444/40 buy/sell

Dow cash close = 6426.

was gold smashed to prevent collapse of some big US banks?

Max Keiser in westminister discussing sale of gold by gordon brown (watch from 15:30)

MAX DOES WESTMINSTER (Final cut) - YouTube

well I don't know much about the wheels & deals of gold imo all the fundamentals show through the charts anyway but if China / Russia and the rest bought gold 2011/212 they could be as much as 20% down on their investment today... not very clever buying a possible top...ok it might be that they just want to hold it physically but it wont be much good if the price keeps falling ...the white metal could turn into a white elephant and while we have a good laugh at gordon brown selling the bottom maybe these guys have just bought the top :LOL:

could be heap big boo boo :red_india

well I don't know much about the wheels & deals of gold imo all the fundamentals show through the charts anyway but if China / Russia and the rest bought gold 2011/212 they could be as much as 20% down on their investment today... not very clever buying a possible top...ok it might be that they just want to hold it physically but it wont be much good if the price keeps falling ...the white metal could turn into a white elephant and while we have a good laugh at gordon brown selling the bottom maybe these guys have just bought the top :LOL:

could be heap big boo boo :red_india

hi Dick Lexic

do you know about the abn amro default on gold settlement, customers who thought they had gold with abn amro were told they would be settled in cash. the comex curve is showing paper bidding for physical, ie gold shortages, we have in india and china growth in the wealth of the middle class and they love gold and continue to buy it, in India the gov has imposed a small tax on gold to try and deter gold buying, the fundamentals for gold are very good, the cost of production for gold is between 1000-1100 so it really cant have much downside while interest rates on dollar remain negative in real terms. they do not have gold they are trying to shake out the weak bulls.

hi Dick Lexic

do you know about the abn amro default on gold settlement, customers who thought they had gold with abn amro were told they would be settled in cash. the comex curve is showing paper bidding for physical, ie gold shortages, we have in india and china growth in the wealth of the middle class and they love gold and continue to buy it, in India the gov has imposed a small tax on gold to try and deter gold buying, the fundamentals for gold are very good, the cost of production for gold is between 1000-1100 so it really cant have much downside while interest rates on dollar remain negative in real terms. they do not have gold they are trying to shake out the weak bulls.

like i said i have no idea with all the fundies but that's what's good about commodities/financials no one knows even the guy in the video uttered the immortal words "i could be wrong but":)

i think people are uncomfortable with gold at the moment ... don't think the bigger players will be that happy either... "but i could be wrong" :)