Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE very weak vs other indices so gone long at 6499. Will watch till DOW opening. 10 points away and I'm out. At least I am trading the trend for a change.

Ian

How are you getting on with your trade? Would like to know more on entry and reason behind it....

the s&p 500 top is in at 1563.23. Now to 1250.

Not yet mate. I for one does think the top is around the corner maybe next week we will see a drop but it will bounce back and break its record.
SP500 short slightly trimmed, but hanging on to my £60 a point short at 1559.

Short term top will be in just after the FED meeting Wednesday, they cant keep their policy so easy when the US econmy is improving, which is the only reason stocks are making new highs, Wednesaday evening, if you gonna short it , do it then !

But i am short from this morning, European stocks look heavy being held up by the magic bid that is always in US equities these days

The EUR/USD just gapped down 150 pips, thats a big drop, may drop the markets tonight/tomorrow mourning. This is what I'm waiting for anywhere's.

Europe braced for renewed turmoil as outrage in Cyprus over an unprecedented levy on bank deposits threatened to derail the nation’s bailout and spark a new round in the region’s debt crisis. The euro tumbled. From Bloomberg.

Not yet mate. I for one does think the top is around the corner maybe next week we will see a drop but it will bounce back and break its record.
SP500 short slightly trimmed, but hanging on to my £60 a point short at 1559.

blimey TL £60 a point? is that the usual?

blimey TL £60 a point? is that the usual?

Funny I'm used to trading around £2 a point on the FTSE and DOW. It's only recently I've been trading above £50 as point. Was £97 point a point short on the SP500 during the week but trimmed it when it went down to 1554 Friday. I wish I had'nt, as we could be in for a retrace this week before bouncing up to new record highs again at the end of the month/quarter.

Thank you Cyprus & EU... I can turn off my computer now.
Will be looking for opportunities to go long

Attachments

• sandp17032013.jpg
    sandp17032013.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 176
Not sure If I should wait for the markets to open tomorrow mourning or close my position now.
As we know, this is a, buy the dips market!!

back with the volume bus?

Hi Dick

Been looking at volume on the FTSE and DOW.
Some times helps to find reflection points in the market doing the week.
Cyprus caused a big drop for the start of the week.
Big week ahead withe FED and German ZEW.
ASX just opened 70 down(1.4%) 5,040
Might go long when get down by 150 LOL
Should be well supported at 5,000
Would say the fund managers would like to hold 5000 at the moment.

Not sure If I should wait for the markets to open tomorrow mourning or close my position now.
As we know, this is a, buy the dips market!!

if you're beyond your target take the bonus :) or stick a stop at target level or better.

I think there's probably a bit of knee jerk protection in the fall - not to say it won't trigger more, of course :)

Japan just opened down 220(1.85%)
ASX down 80 now, looks like it wants to trade down to 5000, current 5033
Hong Kong opens in 2 hours.
Hard to see any bounce happening in Asia today.

Bounce will have to come from the UK/Euro or US session.
Or we get no bounce.

if you're beyond your target take the bonus :) or stick a stop at target level or better.

I think there's probably a bit of knee jerk protection in the fall - not to say it won't trigger more, of course :)

I decided to turn off the modem and sleep and wait till the mourning. I knew If I sat in front of my laptop I would close all my positions. I'm glad I did'nt.