Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

maybe a spot of resistance around the 11266 area on the DOW

if FTSE around 326 area may come out of shorts on both for a reload

tight range so far today.. to get anywhere near usual range we would need to either push up past 5400 or down to you level. at moment I think up if we get above the 5370 cleanly

Hi,

This is a copyrighted book that is still available for sale, and is not terribly expensive. I would not advise posting internet links to download it. Please could ctlpst or mods, as appropriate, delete the link in ctlpast's post? Sorry, not wishing to be a pain in the neck, but I think this sort of link to an illegal download lowers the tone of this otherwise excellent thread.

thanks,
Mcclaine

It's actually a very difficult read TBH.
And differs slightly from the Linda Bradford Raschke method.
I haven't looked into it enough but as far as I could tell from what I have done on cycle analysis, the markets do not move in uniform 3,4, or 5 day cycles, often they are much longer. Gold for example, can be viewed with 20 day cycles plus from bounce son low pivots in the uptrend.

tight range so far today.. to get anywhere near usual range we would need to either push up past 5400 or down to you level. at moment I think up if we get above the 5370 cleanly

wel we didnt do it cleanly .. so down we go

thanks sd, cool little trick:cool:

i am probably missing something but why did you use 44.74 and not 44.94?

it is changing all the time, its just a back of the envelope calculation.

Some times FTSE is outperforming sp500, so the figure changes also. try it once ftse closes, 16.29 uk time,

currently 5391/120.06 = 44.90

it is changing all the time, its just a back of the envelope calculation.

Some times FTSE is outperforming sp500, so the figure changes also. try it once ftse closes, 16.29 uk time,

currently 5391/120.06 = 44.90

I'm with you. I was using the full S&P value. So 1200.6 for example.
Well the number you have posted has been a turning point two days in a row, so its a nice little trick.

Was just reading this thread, one of the mods trades off the strength or weakness of the ftse against the dow.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/day-trading-scalping/137574-what-complete-utter-pillock.html

I think that surprise move up over lunchtime set the tone. Results so far in general have been good, except for Goldmans. Brings me back to the rule that the market doesn't make too many big moves during results season. The sell off may well happen at the end of this week, or early next, but for now I think we will mostly range. I still want to see 1250 tested on the ES. Don't know when it will test it, but I believe the market will soon enough.

remember that short target 5520 from monday popped right up as a weekly for thursday