Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ideally these will come in the morning if not I exit DOW shorts from last week at target and take my exits from longs on thursday

if momentum carries through then we could see the 5266 tomorrow.. 5270/305 certainly on the radar for futures.. but as you say we may get the high first and test of 5483 futures

ideally these will come in the morning if not I exit DOW shorts from last week at target and take my exits from longs on thursday

so you have longs and shorts running at the same time !!! wow .. that is impressive my friend!!! I sometimes have a position running for a few days on my SB platform and maybe average it.. and then use my futures platform for scalping.. but it sounds like you run this side by side all the time.. do you go both ways on the same instrument but different accounts? or say short DOW .. long FTSE?

so you have longs and shorts running at the same time !!! wow .. that is impressive my friend!!! I sometimes have a position running for a few days on my SB platform and maybe average it.. and then use my futures platform for scalping.. but it sounds like you run this side by side all the time.. do you go both ways on the same instrument but different accounts? or say short DOW .. long FTSE?

I often am long one index and short another FTSE and DOW complete their moves on different timeframes
I have a few accounts but thats mainly for back up Im a belt and braces kind of guy

I know I said I wouldnt be here today.. but due to Mrs DJ being ill I have had to cancel..

cant figure that are you happy to explain a bit more sd?

sure, I calculate the ratio between sp500 and ftse100, i get a one minute chart of both and put a 50 simple moving average on both and then divide ftse/sp500 so I get a ratio of 44.94, so this morning before ftse is open look at where th sp500 is and multiply by 44.74 and get a level of 5350 indicating likely level of ftse100.

I use 50 sma (simple moving average) this gives me 50 "observations" also the dow ratio is 2.124 (dow divided by 2.124 = current indicative level for ftse100)

dow 11309 / 2.124 = 5324
sp500 indicates ftse = 5537

FTSE just hit 5350 its magic I tell you

happy to help

Last edited:
sure, I calculate the ratio between sp500 and ftse100, i get a one minute chart of both and put a 50 simple moving average on both and then divide ftse/sp500 so I get a ratio of 44.94, so this morning before ftse is open look at where th sp500 is and multiply by 44.74 and get a level of 5350 indicating likely level of ftse100.

I use 50 sma (simple moving average) this gives me 50 "observations" also the dow ratio is 2.124 (dow divided by 2.124 = current indicative level for ftse100)

dow 11309 / 2.124 = 5324

happy to help

Interesting.. do you apply this to the cash markets? or futures too?

dow 11309 / 2.124 = 5324

happy to help

What number do you have as the S&P value, im a factor out.

this is similar to a trade I was going to look into this week.. which is how far are ftse futrues prepared to extend past the cash close before they start moving back closer to the cash close.. There may still be a gap of course.. but there must be a level which the ftse futrues has to start pulling back closer to the cash close.. given that the ftse futures tends to follow the S&P and DOW overnight then this sounds very similar in principle

looks like I will have to lower my target for the longs FTSE coming out at 5427 and DOW at 11422

UK CPI high - looks like central banks plans to inflate debt away is working... they just need the europeans to start doing the same and we will see run away inflation globally... where does the money go then?? equities? do blue chip stocks become the future save havens as opposed to sovereign bonds??