Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Bought back my Dow short 40 ticks lower but have sold the S&Pinstead it's too out of sync looking fr 1405 by end of the week .

You and me both, did same thing on SP bought back 75% 1 pt lower but did get some FTSE at same time, aka the index that never falls.

FTSE cash just fell short of the 6386 target I think I mentioned on a previous post... time and price seem squared to me now.. so time to start placing shorts for me...I must admit I thoguh 6450 was going to play out.. but I think time is now spent... will sell on signal

might run out of steam today

Attachments

• ftse for14.jpg
    ftse for14.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 90
France and Germany both had negative GDP growth in Q4. We're seeing the devastating effects on the markets by the fact the markets have yet to make a new high for today. Yet.

Stocks need a final push to make sure they suck everyone in, stocks not even interested in no growth scenario ! Cheap money is all it needs !

France and Germany both had negative GDP growth in Q4. We're seeing the devastating effects on the markets by the fact the markets have yet to make a new high for today. Yet.

But that's the way of the new world. Keep buying the market while the economy is in tatters because it means that interest rates have to stay low and QE will have to continue.

Defies all logic but welcome to the Bernanke bubble.

I do not even bother trading on fundementals these days, only technicals, ill have the odd punt every now and again but generally its not worth it .

i have no idea when it comes to funnymentals

That makes 2 of us........... went to an IG seminar on charting last week, bloke was very keen to stress that all the background noise ( NFP etc) was just that and we should all be looking at 1 week or longer charts not anything less than daily. That we only needed to look at 3 things..... support, resistance and trend lines... it made sense at the time, but as I have tended to scalp the market it did not really work for me. Although I have started putting very small positions on with a view to letting them run in the background.