Anyone know what all this text means?

FTSEBOY

Hi all,
Been a while since my last post as I have had problems with my PC what with the Sass virus etc. I managed to download a patch and a permanent fix. However, everytime I log on now I get the below coding which just repeats itself. I can minimise it or close it down, but it is really starting to annoy me now. Does anyone have any inclination what it made be and how to remedy it?

C:\WINDOWS\System32\scvhost.exe

Some of the script is as follows:-

Flushed DNS Cache
Trying to connect to "horesaft.alt-bin.com12000"
Connection to "horsaft.alt-bin.com12000" failed!

Many thanks
FTSEBOY :eek:

oatman said:
It looks like you're still infected. You've got scvhost. The Windows one is svchost.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/scvhost/

Thanks Oatman for the link. This must be some kind of consprancy as I downloaded the latest McAfee Virus scanner and it never picked it or or removed it. What a con!!! Now I've got to pay $40-00 to get rid of it. What is the best Virus package on the market as I might try and get a refund from McAfee?
Cheers
FTSEBOY

A lot of peeps still use AVG. http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
Very popular, well respected.
I was using it 'til I copped one from that Hitler geezer. I don't know if the AV failed or I let it in :cheesy: Anyway I decided a change etc. etc and went to AntiVir.(in Paul's post)
Can't see the point in paying up. There are a few good free ones and good firewalls.
At the end of the day it's a matter of where you go on the net.

i had the same problem, but found AntiVir did not remove it; try the following:

Scvhost.worm

Overview
Scvhost.worm spreads over Windows network shares. The worm's main file is called scvhost.exe, trying to mimic the legitimate svchost.exe file is located in %SystemDir%. Note: Do not delete %SystemDir%\svchost.exe.

Note: %SystemDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

Classification
Worm

Files
scvhost.exe

Log references
Log 283

Detection
Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects Scvhost.worm. Bazooka is freeware and detects spyware, adware, foistware, trojan horses, viruses, worms, etc. Read more »

Manual removal
Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove Scvhost.worm manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If Scvhost.worm remains on your system after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.
Start your computer in safe mode.
Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run'
In the right pane, delete the value called 'Config Loader', if it exists.
Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ RunServices'
In the right pane, delete the value called 'Config Loader', if it exists.
Exit the registry editor.
Restart your computer.
Start Windows Explorer and delete:
%SystemDir%\scvhost.exe
Note: %SystemDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

for more information go to:
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/scvhost.worm/index.phtml

good luck, hope this will stop you paying 40 bucks for nothing