Anyone know of good EOD charting software for multiple mkts?

schoe

Does anyone know of a good value, easy to use charting package that covers all the markets offered by spreadbetting companies. ie forex/indices/commodities etc.
Ideally I would want one that you can scan charts with or flick through them quickly as you can in tc2000 that type of thing.

thanks in advance.

The ProRealTime EOD package is FREE but it excludes the FTSE. (I use their paid-for streaming version intraday and can recommend it. Just like eSignal but a fraction of the price.)

Hi Schoe,

I use SierraChart and MyTrack bronze.

Cheap and powerful for EOD on the Commodities, Indices and FX

MyTrack even allows you to create your own continuous commodity contracts using your criteria for rollover whilst Sierra allows you to do pretty much anything.

JonnyT

Hi JT,

How is MT behaving this morning for you? I'm getting a message saying I've been "cancelled" even though they've taken my sub this month! I can't get any response on the "support" channels either.

Anyone else having problems?

Peter

JonnyT said:
Hi Schoe,

MyTrack even allows you to create your own continuous commodity contracts using your criteria for rollover whilst Sierra allows you to do pretty much anything.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Hi Schoe,

JonnyT

Hi ,JT I have Sierra which I use for real time ym trading using scmagic as backfill and IB for the data.
Is it easy to set up for eod using mytrack as I want to do some longer term swingtrading as well on stocks/forex/commodities using SB.

Thanks.

MyTrack Seirra Commodities

schoe said:
Hi ,JT I have Sierra which I use for real time ym trading using scmagic as backfill and IB for the data.
Is it easy to set up for eod using mytrack as I want to do some longer term swingtrading as well on stocks/forex/commodities using SB.

Thanks.
Yes its easy,

Install Sierra into a different directory so you have two installs. In the new install set it up to use.

I've attached a screenshot of the connection setup.

Attachments

• MyTrack.JPG
    MyTrack.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 616
GreyingSurfer said:
Hi JT,

How is MT behaving this morning for you? I'm getting a message saying I've been "cancelled" even though they've taken my sub this month! I can't get any response on the "support" channels either.

Anyone else having problems?

Peter
Hi Peter,

It certainly is. Its asking for me to enable the SierraCharts option!!!

I don't use realtime so its not a problem for me.

JonnyT

Thanks JT.

Asking me to enable SierraCharts was the first thing I noticed too. When I opened up the MyTrack app itself (for the first time in months) I got the "You are cancelled" message.

It sounds like a more general problem than just me if you are getting it too. I've emailed them, but I guess I'll probably have to wait till the East Coast wakes up for an answer.

Peter

JonnyT said:
Hi Peter,

It certainly is. Its asking for me to enable the SierraCharts option!!!

I don't use realtime so its not a problem for me.

JonnyT

I've had this before and had to sort it out online through the chat.

Like you say until America wakes up...

JonnyT

EOD charting tool covering the US & UK at least - not expensive

Roberto said:
The ProRealTime EOD package is FREE but it excludes the FTSE. (I use their paid-for streaming version intraday and can recommend it. Just like eSignal but a fraction of the price.)

Hi - I need help in choosing an easy to use tool giving UK & US data coverage; that is not expensive. I have read "prorealtime", "SierraChart and MyTrack bronze" been recommended. I'm not quite certain which one stands out in terms of value for money, functionality & data coverage.

I have been paying for sharescope for the past few months but does not have US data. I would like to get rid off sharescope and pay for another that covers at least UK & US markets. Your opinions are v. much appreciated - the more opinions the better.

Thanks for your time!

I like the look of ProRealTime but I haven't figured out yet if it's possible to view charts with blank space to the right hand side so trendlines and suchlike can be projected into the future. Does anyone know if and how this can be done?

I use Updata for LSE & USA (NYSE, NASDAQ) I believe you can add a lot more. They do a free one month trial than £27 p month for EOD. I find their scanning (Highlighter) very good for USA stocks. Go to www.updata.co.uk and download.