Anyone heard of Savi Trading?

I suppose we'll have to ask Companies House then.

The proposal to strike off was due to accounts for the period ending 31st December 2010 still being overdue. CH recently received some correspondence which indicates that the LLP is required to remain on the Register and the overdue document will be delivered shortly. Therefore the dissolution action has been temporarily ceased.

Not exactly an admin error by Companies House then.

The proposal to strike off was due to accounts for the period ending 31st December 2010 still being overdue. CH recently received some correspondence which indicates that the LLP is required to remain on the Register and the overdue document will be delivered shortly. Therefore the dissolution action has been temporarily ceased.

Not exactly an admin error by Companies House then.

The key point here of course is that if they'll mislead people about something that can be so easily verified, what else might they lie about ?

Savi are saying it was administrative error by Companies House though the DISS40 refers to a notice dated 9 August (which is not available on Webcheck). I suppose CH will provide an explanation in due course.

Two bob gob5hites...endex..

The key point here of course is that if they'll mislead people about something that can be so easily verified, what else might they lie about ?

Its so easy to verify these things that it really is a disastrous decision to try to do it this way. Why not just say the accounts are late because the dog ate them or something, at least that would be hard to disprove, unlike the excuses that were given.

I have found the last few days on this thread interesting to read, and thought I would make an informed comment.

Firstly, I would like to give you an overview on my background and the reasoning behind why i feel i can make an informative comment. I used to work as an accountant until just over a year ago, when I decided that I did not enjoy it and wanted to trade forex for a living. I did not feel the need to go on a training course, so I started trading my own money on a spread betting account from home. I did relatively well, to the point where I wanted to take my trading to a higher level, so I decided to start looking around the city for proprietary trading firms where I could rent a desk, and get the buzz of being on a trading floor as well as the extra knowledge. I looked at various places in the city, but a lot of these places were charging very high desk fees, and predominantly for futures traders (whereas I was trading forex). Anyway for the reason that Savi had a lot of good forex trading experience on their floor that i met when i went to see them and the fact they were not charging what I considered to be an extortionate desk fee, I decided to take a desk on their trading floor and trade my own capital from there.

I have been there a number of months now, and although not part of the training course, I regularly speak to some of the traders on the floor who have come through the course, or are going through it now, and in the main, everybody I have spoken to seems pretty happy. It is like any other trading floor in the city, in that there are guys making money but also guys losing money. I have witnessed at first hand the way the training is conducted and I must say that honestly I think it is a good thing. I can say this as a person with no vested interest in Savi Trading (in that I trader my own account there – they do not back me) or no agenda against them. Over the last few years there have been many companies that have been scams, from what I read on these forums, and it is good that some people are making sure they are found out, but I honestly do not think Savi is a scam, having witnessed some of the traders as well as the fact they have been running for a while now, and if they were a company who was just going to take people’s money and run, they would have done so by now in my opinion. They are launching a few new products, and they are working with some pretty big names in the world of finance, institutions who would I am sure not work with the savi group, if they felt they were not legitimate.

Anyway, I am not sure why there was this proposal to strike them off, but if it was for filing accounts late, then being an accountant, you will be surprised how many big name companies in the past have filed accounts late. There can often be a number of reasons why this happens, but anyway this is a trading forum so I will not get into my accounting technicalities. I just do not see how any of the stuff over the last few days relates to the training they offer. It seems like there are a few people on here who have it in for Savi and the training model in general, and as I said before while I did not feel the need to go on a training course, I have been able to see first hand how it has worked well for some people, so in the end it is down to the individual to make a decision on it.

The problem with forums such as these I guess is there are a lot of people with hidden agenda’s, they could be from rival companies, or just have had a bad experience with a training firm I guess, but then from speaking to some of the guys on the floor, I have not heard of anyone having a bad experience with Savi thus far since I have been on the trading floor, although I am not saying nobody had a bad experience before I came, only because I was not here at the time.

I have another id on trade2win, but have created a new one for this particular forum, as I do not wish to be targeted by some of these guys on my other id.

Anyway, I hope this helps and if anybody has any questions then feel free to contact me.

No matter how they dress up, sock puppets always drink the same kool aid and then read the same type of script in the same way...

interview-sock-puppet.jpg

Its so easy to verify these things that it really is a disastrous decision to try to do it this way. Why not just say the accounts are late because the dog ate them or something, at least that would be hard to disprove, unlike the excuses that were given.

Boylesy, Only failing companies with two bob accountants file late, only two bob firms that are in a death spiral allow it to get to the stage were they may be struck off and have a notice published in the Gazette..

They can dissemble and throw beanie bag sock puppets at this thread all they like but it can't alter the records, they are a disorganised mess who want the money first without giving two 5hits about any failing reputation..

No matter how they dress up, sock puppets always drink the same kool aid and then read the same type of script in the same way...

To be fair, this one can at least use a spell checker and write in reasonably intelligible English, so he is different from most of the others in that respect at least.

The problem with forums such as these I guess is there are a lot of people with hidden agenda’s, they could be from rival companies...

OK, you've got me. I run a firm called BCMD Global Trading (Buttf*ck C0cksucker Motherf*cker Douchebag Global Trading).

We are a highly successful operation, so much so that we operate from a very swanky address (No 1, London, it's real, not a maildrop), which means that we're legitimate. We are very proud of our integrity...help people to become the best that...respected in the trading "community"...blah blah dribble.

My real name is Dick Sagbooby, and I have been a very successful trader for decades, ignore the recent bankruptcy proceedings where I listed zero income from trading, err, anyway, I'll teach you how to be a successful trader, err...God I'm a fraud and a parasite, I might as well just go and shoot myself.

Hello mr Dick Sagbooby

I am very interested in learning to trade from yourself please find enclosed a blank cheque signed

Look forward to your response

Hello mr Dick Sagbooby

I am very interested in learning to trade from yourself please find enclosed a blank cheque signed

Look forward to your response

How dare you imply I am not honest! My lawyer (scumbagshysters4u.com) is writing a threatening letter to T2W at this very moment. This thread will soon disappear!

Hahahahahaha!

Actually, you could be one of my new Turtles. The only thing is the original guys who did this - you know, the ones who actually traded, and made money from it - have got a copyright on that term. So you'd have to be called a "Turdle".

There is alot of back biting going on about Savi trading...maybe its true, maybe not, but can anyone tell me which courses are good to do, free or otherwise and if anyone has been on course withi Savi or any other, to then comment on the quality of the training they have received pls?

There is alot of back biting going on about Savi trading...maybe its true, maybe not, but can anyone tell me which courses are good to do, free or otherwise and if anyone has been on course withi Savi or any other, to then comment on the quality of the training they have received pls?

Yep sure, it's called the t2w course, spend a couple of years on 'ere, click on everything, every link, visit every other site recommended, listen to every bit of advice, (don't take it on board necessarily, but listen to it), it costs nothing but a lot of time and mental energy..

These course spivs just want you money, if they were honest they'd know and tell you that you have no chance of becoming a match hardened trader inside months given it takes a couple of years to become proficient leading to (hopefully) profitability and they cant even set you on the right path given it's a highly personal path of discovery..

Keep you hands in your pockets, other than to fund your account, the first one of which should be no more than 500 quid.

Savi Trading have a chartered accountant as their Chief Financial Officer, at least according to their website. How they manage to end up getting a first gazette for late returns is a bit of a mystery to say the least.

Im not sure the accounts are the main issue, they did mislead us in saying that CH had made a mistake when clearly they did not. I'm wondering who would want to give them a load of money for either training or prop when they don't seem to be able to keep on top of their accounting. Add in a bit of, let's say, being economical with the truth and it doesn't paint a very good picture.

I'm also not sure why someone who admits to having a multinic is a very good person to have speaking up for you.

How about you all just tell the truth and have done with it?

There's no maybes, a first gazette was issued to strike them off due to them not filing accounts, the action is temporarily suspended. The links to the gazette etc are all in previous posts.

Yep sure, it's called the t2w course, spend a couple of years on 'ere, click on everything, every link, visit every other site recommended, listen to every bit of advice, (don't take it on board necessarily, but listen to it), it costs nothing but a lot of time and mental energy..

These course spivs just want you money, if they were honest they'd know and tell you that you have no chance of becoming a match hardened trader inside months given it takes a couple of years to become proficient leading to (hopefully) profitability and they cant even set you on the right path given it's a highly personal path of discovery..

Keep you hands in your pockets, other than to fund your account, the first one of which should be no more than 500 quid.

Thanks for this Black swan

This is my first day on here and I have read various threads over the past couple of hours. My 'introduction' included the question of "how do I get into trading" and also where/how to go about this.

Let me just say I'm glad to have read this thread, especially as Savvi flagged up on one of my searches yesterday!

Good advice for now, but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions with regards to how an ex fire fighter can go about becoming a full time trader, then please let me know! In the mean time I'll study T2W.... and read more. Lots more

Good advice for now, but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions with regards to how an ex fire fighter can go about becoming a full time trader, then please let me know! In the mean time I'll study T2W.... and read more. Lots more

Don't pay anyone for training or fancy software, it will all be useless to you. Either forget the whole idea or realise you are going to have to put in a couple of years work with a fairly low chance of success. Of course the people that want your money will tell you it can be learnt in a weekend, just ask anyone here if that worked for them.

Don't pay anyone for training or fancy software, it will all be useless to you. Either forget the whole idea or realise you are going to have to put in a couple of years work with a fairly low chance of success. Of course the people that want your money will tell you it can be learnt in a weekend, just ask anyone here if that worked for them.

Thanks again Boyles.

I am ready to put in the time and I know that my dream will not be realised overnight. Just want advice as to how I can best acheive this dream. How did you all get into trading? Maybe some of you can post on here how your current job positions came to be??