anyone heard of London Global Investments

That's correct £1 per document and you'll have directors details. I don't see why you are resisting this.

I notice that 'the directors' have a habit of posting the same thing 3 or 4 times. Whatever his name who was promoting it and saying (wrongly) that he was already in the course did the same thing. Strange that.

Notice –

We have taken your comments in hand and for your reassurance we will be adding more information to the site regarding the Board of Directors and Staff.

I would like to do my research on the Directors BEFORE the meeting on 22nd of February.

If you are happy to disclose, why not just post the details of each of the Company Directors of BOTH companies here ?
Also some background on each Director's business experience would also be welcomed, so that we know that we would not be paying money to a company that has Directors with shonky business histories.

London Global Investments

Public Open Day -

NOTE UPDATE

Due to ensuring all our staff and lecturers are all attending we have moved the open evening to Tuesday 22nd February 2011 Commencing 7pm. Consisting of 30 min introductory seminars on the hour.

All Directors and Staff will be available for an introduction and consultation.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

We have also updated our website with more information for public review.

We have requested testimonials from our current employees on our development program. They will be uploaded on Friday for your review.

We look forward to greeting those attending on the open day to alleviate any concerns.

Kind regards,

The Directors.

Hello "The Directors",

This is your lucky day! I am going to give you the most wonderful job offer you can imagine. The salary and benefits are excellent. IF you are one of the lucky ones chosen!

When I say excellent, I mean excellent. All you need to do to pass our demanding entry test is pay me 5500 sheets. Then you're in, and I'll give you on the job training - noshing off big, gay bikers!

That's right - after 6 months as an unpaid, trainee rent boy, I guarantee you a job. I'll put your a$$ on the streets and you better bring me 200 clams a night minimum b1tch, or you'll feel my pimp hand.

But hurry! This wonderful opportunity to be ripped off by me and mouth-banged by homosexual strangers is strictly limited - first come, first taken for a total and utter chump and robbed of what little money and dignity they have.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

New here. I have recently done some research on LGI. Here are my findings and observations:

1) LGI is a recently registered company at Company House with no previous operating history;
2) LGI claims to be a privately-funded company hence not registered with FSA;
3) LGI claims that their training will help people pass the STA exam, but the STA has not heard of or seen LGI's training course content;
4) LGI is running a massive sales campaign, flooding the internet search engines and using multiple agencies trying to get people to part with £5500 under the guise of a hypothetical "job" at the end of the training period;
5) LGI's office near Liverpool Street Station is real; I have seen it myself.

My take on it:

For people with no trading knowledge or experience and don't mind a fee of £5500, perhaps it is a tuition that you might be tempted to pay;

For people who are higher up on the trading ramp and learning curve, £5500 is a hell of a lot trading capital to give away.

I think the big problem here is that it is being marketed as a job opportunity. No doubt in the current climate people with a bit of redundancy money will be very tempted to fork out the money for a new 'job'. There are going to be some disappointed people in six months

HI guys, new here...i am a professional marketer but after 6 years in the field am switching over and considering trading. Recently got the email from this companys so thought will look into it and have to say...Thanks for the warnings..wont touch them with a barge pole.

From a marketers perspective its quite easy to see the approach they took and did go around it in the worst way possible...even came to the point of the same person logging in as a "newbie" and starts promoting them and then swaps log in as "The Directors"...starting arguments...name calling and threats just show how unprofessional this outfit can be.

To the Directors...I understand you are trying to promote your open day to clarify, but keep in mind a handful of people will probably turn up to make use of it BUT if you do take the option of also clarifying your position here and answering the questions posted then you will be reaching a far bigger audience..so this should be a bigger priority than the open day.

Personally, when i typed in the company name in google the first organic listing was for this forum, so if anybody new does the same they will be coming here and will be well cautioned off to put them off signing up with yourselves...so if there is damage control to be done then it is here and not in a room with a handful of potentials.

Thanks again forum leaders and personally I wouldnt cave in to the threats, these forums have been setup to help consumers from said problems, if everybody gets worried about the consequences of highlightingthe shortcomings of a company then it would deem pointless to turn to forums to get unbiased advice.

Take it easy and keep up the good work.

Shek

these forums have been setup to help consumers from said problems...

Thats part of the problem. These forums are a commercial business, they have nothing whatsoever to do with helping anyone.

The owners and moderators have in the past even deleted posts informing members of official FSA warnings regarding one of their advertisers. The advertiser pays to ensure such warnings are removed, and the forum duly obliges.

It does noone any good at all to suggest that the information that anyone see's is impartial, because it isnt. Members read what T2W want them to read.

The forum is a commercial business i do agree, when they get a knock on the door by a scorned company they duly comply because they weigh out the cost of arguing against getting rid of a thread...but that shouldnt be a reason to not continue doing what you do.
Looking at this thread, i came across it today and it seems most of the posts are here still from the begining of thread...it certainly helped me and probably others too. It might just be that by tomorrow(legals catchup and) this might be off but atleats it would have still helped a handful of people.
Everything is commercial on the web and yes (coming from the world of online marketing) it can be bought and manipulated the way an advertiser wants..but thats where the Senior members like yourself come in and are more trusted than a newbie posting and promoting.
They can delete your post but they can't manipulate it to right their wrong and make it look like its coming from you

HI guys, new here...i am a professional marketer but after 6 years in the field am switching over and considering trading. Recently got the email from this companys so thought will look into it and have to say...Thanks for the warnings..wont touch them with a barge pole.

From a marketers perspective its quite easy to see the approach they took and did go around it in the worst way possible...even came to the point of the same person logging in as a "newbie" and starts promoting them and then swaps log in as "The Directors"...starting arguments...name calling and threats just show how unprofessional this outfit can be.

To the Directors...I understand you are trying to promote your open day to clarify, but keep in mind a handful of people will probably turn up to make use of it BUT if you do take the option of also clarifying your position here and answering the questions posted then you will be reaching a far bigger audience..so this should be a bigger priority than the open day.

Personally, when i typed in the company name in google the first organic listing was for this forum, so if anybody new does the same they will be coming here and will be well cautioned off to put them off signing up with yourselves...so if there is damage control to be done then it is here and not in a room with a handful of potentials.

Thanks again forum leaders and personally I wouldnt cave in to the threats, these forums have been setup to help consumers from said problems, if everybody gets worried about the consequences of highlightingthe shortcomings of a company then it would deem pointless to turn to forums to get unbiased advice.

Take it easy and keep up the good work.

Shek

Shek,

You make a very valid point, this thread has 4,824 views. You can be fairly certain there wont be that many turning up at their open day to hear their excuses.

This was a very amateur attempt at viral marketing, it went very badly wrong as they overstated their qualifications and background and got badly caught out.

They can delete your post but they can't manipulate it to right their wrong and make it look like its coming from you

That is true, the best they can do is get rid of the thread, however this lets them off the hook, its rather like someone robbing a bank and then getting let off when they give the money back.

That is true, the best they can do is get rid of the thread, however this lets them off the hook, its rather like someone robbing a bank and then getting let off when they give the money back.

I agree...personally I think if ONE forum decides to challenge a legal threat and makes it quite public that they are willing to back their users rather than the advertisers...then they will get a lot more traffic/people on the back of them being unbiased..which should make them a lot more money in the long run. :idea:

I cant really imagine a forum being liable for anything written in it anyway, although wikileaks might be the starting of some case law :)

I agree...personally I think if ONE forum decides to challenge a legal threat and makes it quite public that they are willing to back their users rather than the advertisers...then they will get a lot more traffic/people on the back of them being unbiased..which should make them a lot more money in the long run. :idea:

Thats not the approach they have taken to date. The attitude seems to be that they prefer to avoid confrontation with advertisers or potential advertisers. If a few people get annoyed and leave because of it they dont really care as they are not directly contributing to their income.

I cant really imagine a forum being liable for anything written in it anyway, although wikileaks might be the starting of some case law :)

In theory they can be held liable but there is always a way round it. Like I said previously if wikileaks can publish stolen classified documents and get away with it why cant I say here that a company has an FSA warning against it. Its a question of there being a lack of will to contest these ambulance chaser challenges.

I agree...personally I think if ONE forum decides to challenge a legal threat and makes it quite public that they are willing to back their users rather than the advertisers...then they will get a lot more traffic/people on the back of them being unbiased..

The problem is a number of forums are already tainted, T2W and FF being the worst cases. That sort of reputation is difficult if not impossible to shake.

The wise move would be to start anew, push the impartiality angle, and fully expose the hypocrisy of forums such as this.

There is a never ending stream of new traders to forums like trade2win.

There is also an endless stream of scammers and snakeoil vendors joining the industry all time.

This is the way it has always been and will always be, these things are as old as the hills, the desire to make easy money by trading (honestly) or when that fails some will turn to scamming/snakeoil vending to make the quick buck from the next band of suckers.

There is a never ending stream of new traders to forums like trade2win.

There is also an endless stream of scammers and snakeoil vendors joining the industry all time.

This is the way it has always been and will always be, these things are as old as the hills, the desire to make easy money by trading (honestly) or when that fails some will turn to scamming/snakeoil vending to make the quick buck from the next band of suckers.

u r 100% right on that one. (y)

Hi guys,

3) LGI claims that their training will help people pass the STA exam, but the STA has not heard of or seen LGI's training course content;
4) LGI is running a massive sales campaign, flooding the internet search engines and using multiple agencies trying to get people to part with £5500 under the guise of a hypothetical "job" at the end of the training period;

Who are the Directors of London Global Investments? What are there business backgrounds? Because they are the people that end up with the money and they are the people who will disappear if or when it collapses.

The Directors of this company are trying very hard to remain anonymous.