anyone heard of London Global Investments

msg_trading

Hello all,

Im a newbie on this forum, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of London Global Investments (http://www.londonglobalinvestments.com). is it/are they any good.

They are advertising for Trainee FX Traders through many recruitment agencies. They are offering a 6 month development and employment contract with basic pay, but you have to pay £5,000 for the STA diploma and Simulated Demo trading.

Any info would be much appreciated.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHA

don't know anything about them but legit companies don't make you PAY to be an employee

NEXT!

P.S. I looked at their website just then and they're not just misleading, they're deceitful.(barjon - edit)

From previous experience I'm not going to bother arguing with you about this, so if you disagree and want to argue fair enough, I won't argue back, please feel free to lose your money.

However if you want more info and will accept reality then please do ask, I will be helpful to anyone who isn't like a moth to a flame....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Arabiannights, I am new to all this and considering applying for the role with LGI.

How can you tell that this is bogus? From my small knowlege I see that several companies require you to put up your own cash at the beginning, they surely all cant be bogus.

Hi Arabiannights, I am new to all this and considering applying for the role with LGI.

How can you tell that this is bogus? From my small knowlege I see that several companies require you to put up your own cash at the beginning, they surely all cant be bogus.

Ballygowan,

Firstly it is misleading for them to market this as a job, what you are in fact doing is paying them for a training course. If by some miracle they manage to teach you to be a profitable trader during the duration of the course then I imagine they may allow you to trade a small live account but my guess is that you would be doing so independently and once you had a losing month they would bin you. However you may not get that far as you dont know if the training itself is of any use.

LGI are not on the FSA register. That probably means they just sell training courses which does not require them to be regulated.

Hello all,

Im a newbie on this forum, and wanted to know if anyone has heard of London Global Investments (http://www.londonglobalinvestments.com). is it/are they any good.

They are advertising for Trainee FX Traders through many recruitment agencies. They are offering a 6 month development and employment contract with basic pay, but you have to pay £5,000 for the STA diploma and Simulated Demo trading.

Hi, I’m on the course and have seen the training materials and met the trainers these guys are seriously good it’s an intense course over 6 months with a small salary and you earn commission!! They also let you pay by instalments over the 6 months so you if your not happy!! Also as they are a private fund they don’t need to be FSA regulated!
Hope this helps

Hi, I’m on the course and have seen the training materials and met the trainers these guys are seriously good it’s an intense course over 6 months with a small salary and you earn commission!! They also let you pay by instalments over the 6 months so you if your not happy!! Also as they are a private fund they don’t need to be FSA regulated!
Hope this helps

Ballygowan,

Firstly it is misleading for them to market this as a job, what you are in fact doing is paying them for a training course. If by some miracle they manage to teach you to be a profitable trader during the duration of the course then I imagine they may allow you to trade a small live account but my guess is that you would be doing so independently and once you had a losing month they would bin you. However you may not get that far as you dont know if the training itself is of any use.

Hi, I’m on the course and have seen the training materials and met the trainers these guys are seriously good it’s an intense course over 6 months with a small salary and you earn commission trading company funds!! They also let you pay by instalments over the 6 months so you if your not happy!! Also as they are a private fund they don’t need to be FSA regulated!
Hope this helps

Hello all,

Hi, I’m on the course and have seen the training materials and met the trainers these guys are seriously good it’s an intense course over 6 months with a small salary and you earn commission!! They also let you pay by instalments over the 6 months!! Also as they are a private fund they don’t need to be FSA regulated!
Hope this helps

Hi, I’m on the course and have seen the training materials and met the trainers these guys are seriously good it’s an intense course over 6 months with a small salary and you earn commission!! They also let you pay by instalments over the 6 months!! Also as they are a private fund they don’t need to be FSA regulated!
Hope this helps

Thats strange, when did you start?

LMAO.

Tradesupport, if pboyles is on the case, just give it up and move on. You'll have to try pimping it on another forum, it's been burned on this one. Keep going and he'll shred you.

So you're not on the course, you have signed up to be on the next course. So in other words you don't have any experience of the course.
The first course starts feb I have met with the lecturers and been through all the materials as I said do you have I'm paying over the 6 months if its no good ill stop paying the instalments in happy with what I have seen just my opinion. Regards

Here's an example of one of these 'trading jobs' that went horribly wrong. Of course you cant say they are all going to be like this but you also have no way to guarantee they wont end up like this unless you do a lot more research.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/105174-talent-division-broker-programme.html

A good idea for these outfits would be to post some verifiable results from real people.... I am almost sure that the public gets snared into parting with their cash with no sort of guaranty except that they pay and may never learn to trade.

Trading as a career is very appealing and the marketing people hype up all the good things and seem to forget to tell people that they will require years more in order to succeed.

Thanks for the advice. Ill let you know progress so far I'm good I have an employment contract with a wage and iv seen all I need to see. I'm paying as I go. I checked out the cost of there offices and sat in there back office talking to all the staff its not viable to be a scam see what happens thanks

Hi, did i understand right that you get a salary from them but pay them too? couldnt you just ask not to pay them and receive a reduced wage instead, or do you think that approach wouldnt support their business model?