Anyone else having a terrible month ??

Lee Shepherd

As the title states, I'm having an absolute nightmare of a month and the month is almost at an end.

I have 8 separate open positions with multiple lots (well stacked and leveraged) and yet it would seem that every single one of them, yep, every one, has been going against me or/and tickling my limit orders then slamming back down.... the whole month. By the law of averages I should have got a few more trades in.... but no.. Its all bo11ox. (in the words of Spencer)

So....What to do???????

Give up and go home?? Leave the month behind??? Turn to drink maybe :)

No.... Just keep plugging on through.

You see, it goes like this. If I can open 8 separate trading instruments in 1 week but yet every one of them goes against me. It stands to reason that the opposite can also happen. To be fair though, that's easier said and understood when one has been trading for many years but understandably harder for a newcomer or someone with a poor track record.

I do have 1 excuse I would like to throw in though, I was in Scotland/vacation for a week.

I have 5 working days to pull this around - although highly unlikely as I'm under target by over 75% :eek:, I may get a few hits before the month ends. One thing is for sure though, by giving up or going home, I definitely would not get anything. (although I reckon someone may pipe up and say....but at least you haven't lost anything either).... On that statement you have lost, lost time, lost opportunity, lost education/experience and of course if you were 'right' to do so, then reinforcing bad habits with a losers attitude.

Fingers crossed for a better month in September. :clover::clover: I'll post my results in my trading journal around the 1st week of next month. (4 monthly statements to go till end - runs until Xmas)

#tradingisbollox - but on that note - Its Friday - woohoo. Best day of the week. Beer and boobs baby.....:cheers::party: #Lewis&Simon

Lee

As the title states, I'm having an absolute nightmare of a month and the month is almost at an end.

I have 8 separate open positions with multiple lots (well stacked and leveraged) and yet it would seem that every single one of them, yep, every one, has been going against me or/and tickling my limit orders then slamming back down.... the whole month. By the law of averages I should have got a few more trades in.... but no.. Its all bo11ox. (in the words of Spencer)

So....What to do???????

You see, it goes like this. If I can open 8 separate trading instruments in 1 week but yet every one of them goes against me. It stands to reason that the opposite can also happen. To be fair though, that's easier said and understood when one has been trading for many years but understandably harder for a newcomer or someone with a poor track record.

I do have 1 excuse I would like to throw in though, I was in Scotland/vacation for a week.

I have 5 working days to pull this around - although highly unlikely as I'm under target by over 75% :eek:, I may get a few hits before the month ends. One thing is for sure though, by giving up or going home, I definitely would not get anything. (although I reckon someone may pipe up and say....but at least you haven't lost anything either).... On that statement you have lost, lost time, lost opportunity, lost education/experience and of course if you were 'right' to do so, then reinforcing bad habits with a losers attitude.

Fingers crossed for a better month in September. :clover::clover: I'll post my results in my trading journal around the 1st week of next month. (4 monthly statements to go till end - runs until Xmas)

#tradingisbollox - but on that note - Its Friday - woohoo. Best day of the week. Beer and boobs baby.....:cheers::party: #Lewis&Simon

Lee

Just one of those things, lee. Probably down to unusupportive market conditions for your strategies. Will fade into an insignificant blip in due course.

Just shows the futility of live calls. Joe would already have you written off as a failure and charlatan to boot had you chosen this month to call a few trades.

Just one of those things, lee. Probably down to unusupportive market conditions for your strategies. Will fade into an insignificant blip in due course.

Just shows the futility of live calls. Joe would already have you written off as a failure and charlatan to boot had you chosen this month to call a few trades.

He should not be trading in August as a pro with back tested strategies , Go back test fx results for last 30 years for August , futures are related and most traders are on holiday.

You don't post trades to give away anything , it is what you post says a lot about you.

I had not asked him to call out once. He revealed enough to show where he was coming from. But you are significantly more slippery. So I still don't know where you are coming from.

I have never stated once call outs need to be profitable. Call out is for testing someone's ability to handle the market. If you can't or afraid-to handle the market, then that would indicate inability to trade. Since losing is such a common thing in trading, I don't really know what you are afraid of. You would be no worst than other people if you did lose.

He should not be trading in August as a pro with back tested strategies , Go back test fx results for last 30 years for August , futures are related and most traders are on holiday.

You don't post trades to give away anything , it is what you post says a lot about you.

What have you been doing trading then? Tut, tut, what an amateurish and stupid thing to have been doing - you must be one of us after all :LOL:

What have you been doing trading then? Tut, tut, what an amateurish and stupid thing to have been doing - you must be one of us after all :LOL:

I am just training my mindset for subconscious mental executions ,in the most difficult months to trade i.e august.Developing a trading Nirvana mindset requires this practice on live accounts in August.When other months become like august , I am ready.

It is called trading endurance trading , it is similar to sports endurance training.

I had not asked him to call out once. He revealed enough to show where he was coming from. But you are significantly more slippery. So I still don't know where you are coming from.

I have never stated once call outs need to be profitable. Call out is for testing someone's ability to handle the market. If you can't or afraid-to handle the market, then that would indicate inability to trade.

Oh no? You were quick to write off David Knight after just a couple of trades in your usual belligerent fashion. If that wasn't enough you then accused him of cheating which he answered effectively on his thread. I don't suppose you can give me the link to your apology. No? Thought not.

august is worst month of the year historically.

Perhaps that explains why of the five trades I have on the go, four of them aren't yet behaving themselves (i.e. doing as expected). Patience, patience .......... same old lessons!

Oh no? You were quick to write off David Knight after just a couple of trades in your usual belligerent fashion. If that wasn't enough you then accused him of cheating which he answered effectively on his thread. I don't suppose you can give me the link to your apology. No? Thought not.

Based on the available data he did cheat. Apparently he had special price. Until there is information on why his price was different to the futures price and different to the retail-cash price, I am sticking to the original conclusion.

He was written off on the bear bull BS.

So we are diverting attention away from yourself now. Very slippery indeed. Foroom should get training from you.

So....What to do???????

Lee
Is just another month mate. If youve any feels going on maybe jot them down, something to have a laugh at in a years time when you look back at that little squiggle in your curve. :D

Based on the available data he did cheat. Apparently he had special price. Until there is information on why his price was different to the futures price and different to the retail-cash price, I am sticking to the original conclusion.

He was written off on the bear bull BS.

So we are diverting attention away from yourself now. Very slippery indeed. Foroom should get training from you.

No, based on his data and the confirming screen shot (oh no, he forged that I suppose ) it was ok. Get real.

You were the one who made the statement about calls not needing to be profitable, not me, so you created the diversion.

Anyway, not going to disrupt Lee's thread anymore. I'll slip away :LOL:

No, based on his data and the confirming screen shot (oh no, he forged that I suppose ) it was ok. Get real.

You were the one who made the statement about calls not needing to be profitable, not me, so you created the diversion.

Anyway, not going to disrupt Lee's thread anymore. I'll slip away :LOL:

Is there proof the data is genuine ? If I wanted special price I could just ask darktone to do a photoshop job. It's quite easily done. Yes, you slip away easily. One of these days I will pin you down.

Its the lemons talking jon, some profeessionals cant take it :LOL:

MzimssU.gif

The dog days of August are the poorest time to trade with choppy trading, low participation and poor liquidity so you shouldn't feel bad about it, Lee.
I only trade intra day so it's not a problem for me, but for longer term traders who still want to trade, then wider stops and hedging might be useful.
You'll get back to normal soon enough :)
Take care,
Richard

So....What to do???????

Lee

I am up approx 3.71% so far for the month, so can't complain and my advice is keep plugging, looks like you have a working system, so just follow it trough...

Wow! 8 trades at once! I must be old. But even when I was young I never had more than a couple at a time--and I got rid of one after a couple of hours.