Anyone can learn?

Hi Grant,
but it seems to be human nature to trap ourselves into a rat-race that we spend half our lives trying to escape....
Damian

Agree. Many people work very hard to earn the money necessary to sustain the lifestyle from which they would like to escape. Very few work out that the solution is to escape.

Mine to

Andy,

My only problem is a lack of discipline (but I'm working on it).

Grant.

Hi Grant

Thanks ;)

working on it to, must be that Manchester air that corrodes that bit of the brain box :LOL:

Funny really because its lack of discipline thats shaped my life and its been .......well no complaints worth mentioning ............... a real good road trip.

Serious = working on it :| very hard

Cheers, trade well and stay disciplined :clover:

latter......................News out :p

Andy,

My only problem is a lack of discipline (but I'm working on it).

Grant.

Hi Grant

Thanks ;)

working on it too, must be that Manchester air that corrodes that bit of the brain box :LOL:

Funny really because its lack of discipline thats shaped my life and its been .......well no complaints worth mentioning ............... a real good road trip.

Serious = working on it :| very hard

Cheers, trade well and stay disciplined :clover:

latter......................News out :p

Perhaps - instead of going round in circles in this endless nature vs nurture debate - it would be more beneficial to start a thread on "how to become more disciplined?".

Just my 2c...

If everyone would just recognize that I was right and they were wrong we could move on to that CV.

Thanks but no thanks FW

Perhaps - instead of going round in circles in this endless nature vs nurture debate - it would be more beneficial to start a thread on "how to become more disciplined?".

Just my 2c...

Hi FW

Think you would better be asking................

Question: under what circumstances does failure in discipline let someone down and why did it occur when it was not perhaps a problem earlier

answer: when an individual attempts to step up in class

Class is recognised on sight in an instant by nearly everyone and can be be found in individuals or animals coming from any social background or race. It is pre-determined at birth, and infact is what many of the threads and posts you refer to are infact about.

Traders are not born but individuals are born with Class

Class is what makes them stand out from the field , nothing else. They would stand out in any walk of life, we all no who they are, they no who they are, we meet them every day, its just a fact of life. You try beating an individual with more class than you and unless the difference in ability is marked

YOU WILL LOSE 90% OF THE TIME, same as when 2 dogs meet and one achnowledges the others right to lead by rolling over to allow its soft under belly to be inspected :)

Trading you are competing with You so stay within your CLASS or you will get F..cked for sure

Steve Ovett, "I put the same work in as that guy jogging over there, I just go faster thats all"

The guy over there he is refering to is you and me and we don"t need to win Gold to make a living do we, we just need to learn about which class we should be playing in and not put ourselves in positions where our worst faults surface and sabatage us imho.

Just my 2c worth :)

Attachments

• Shergar1.jpg
    Shergar1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 533
  • Najinski.jpg
    Najinski.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 501
  • masters champ.jpg
    masters champ.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Another question for the originator of this thread :p

Can anyone become a F1 driver?
(environment, environment,...)

Yet I'm sure we can are all pretty much convinced that learning to drive is something almost anyone can learn.

why would anyone bother ? 2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad ...... :D

If everyone would just recognize that I was right and they were wrong we could move on to that CV.

========================================================

funny, that could be my line also !

mp

Hi FW

Think you would better be asking................

Question: under what circumstances does failure in discipline let someone down and why did it occur when it was not perhaps a problem earlier

answer: when an individual attempts to step up in class

Class is recognised on sight in an instant by nearly everyone and can be be found in individuals or animals coming from any social background or race. It is pre-determined at birth, and infact is what many of the threads and posts you refer to are infact about.

Traders are not born but individuals are born with Class

Class is what makes them stand out from the field , nothing else. They would stand out in any walk of life, we all no who they are, they no who they are, we meet them every day, its just a fact of life. You try beating an individual with more class than you and unless the difference in ability is marked

YOU WILL LOSE 90% OF THE TIME, same as when 2 dogs meet and one achnowledges the others right to lead by rolling over to allow its soft under belly to be inspected :)

Trading you are competing with You so stay within your CLASS or you will get F..cked for sure

Steve Ovett, "I put the same work in as that guy jogging over there, I just go faster thats all"

The guy over there he is refering to is you and me and we don"t need to win Gold to make a living do we, we just need to learn about which class we should be playing in and not put ourselves in positions where our worst faults surface and sabatage us imho.

Just my 2c worth :)

Very, very good post indeed.

And this prevailing aspects of class is also present in nearly all areas of life. We could take women as an example. Some are just so damn stunning that no matter how badly they dress you still find them sexy. Others could have the best stylists, hairdressers, clothes that money can buy, yet you'd still think: no thank you.

There is nothing to stop individuals trying to strive to be better, and some do get better. What makes this game more difficult is that it's hard to measure one's class since you don't know if you can trust the measures in question.

How you Measure Class

Very, very good post indeed.

And this prevailing aspects of class is also present in nearly all areas of life. We could take women as an example. Some are just so damn stunning that no matter how badly they dress you still find them sexy. Others could have the best stylists, hairdressers, clothes that money can buy, yet you'd still think: no thank you.

There is nothing to stop individuals trying to strive to be better, and some do get better. What makes this game more difficult is that it's hard to measure one's class since you don't know if you can trust the measures in question.

Hi Temptrader

Good observation and very true :)

One way of measuring Class ~ Some top prof did loads of research on the subject to find out if it did infact exist and could you measure it.

His conclusion was something like ~

The measure of class is the amount of challenges an individual or animal can withstand in a competative race or competition.

It stands out a mile, an individual or animal with obviously the most or more talent and ability will fail against another individual or animal who as a noticeable lower level of ability and talent.

Most assume that its just nerves, a bad day at the office or the lower talented individual employed spoiler tactics etc or in an animals case the race was not run fast enough or conditions did not suit. This thought is held as fact because when the individual drops back in class (not always that obvious) their form returns as if by magic.

The only exception to the rule is 1st attempt at a move up in class by an individual or animal, failure then can be forgiven ~ ONCE

Failure the second time and it is very very unlikely that you are looking at an individual or animal that can compete in that Class and win consistantly. If you are examining the very best, World class = NEVER is close enough, a once in 50 year event.

What is really interesting Class beats outright speed = The Clock so the fastest lose to Class = nature working away in the background F..cking all your hard work up :LOL:

Trading

Accept its a little hard to work out your own if you do not play or have played a competetive sport pretty seriously and had to work at the head bit of a game or activity or even given it any thought before.

Keeping a record of when you experience a poor result or run of results and all details regarding trade and period. Whats going on in your own head at time etc

I mean user error however small and circumstances etc. How you performed during periods of drawdown. How you feel. How you perform when your doing really well etc etc. when do the errors appear.

I find it helps anyway, some very unusual patterns develope once the sample period gets large enougth and you get used to doing it as part of your routine so your not really thinking about it. Did it for years when playing Snooker and riding bikes so comes as second nature. Some would find it distracting at 1st and it does take practice.

Your Method must be pretty Fixed / automatic and your trading must be achieving consistant results for you to pick anything up of value imho

Finish on this ~

If you see an horse running in group 1 class that as failed once at that level in the past and you are satisfied that the field today contains genuine group 1 animals you can dismiss that horses chance no matter what the general opinion is regards its chance :)

I don"t bet on horses or snooker players much anymore due to time and learning to trade

Snooker players are absolute animals and perform as such, you can bet on it, and it is only a two horse race ~ enjoy :)

Last edited: