Any US citizens trading from the UK?


1 0
Hello all,
I am new to your forums, but they are really good. We could use some good forums like yours in the US.
I am asking if there are any UK based traders that may have immigrated from the US for a reason. My wife and I recently visited England and were just absolutely amazed at all the beauty and history that you have. We would love to be able to come for 2-3 years or more, but havn't figured out a good way to do it via the UK visa system.
I trade commodities here in the US using a registered company name for tax purposes. I am fairly successful, so I would think that if I traded through a UK broker, and was taxed there, that the government might look favorably on the increased tax revenue. The problem is that I can't seem to find a visa method that I can fit into.
If there are any traders that have conquered that problem, or anyone who might have any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.
Good trading,


Well-known member
434 6
Hello Cowman.

I can't help you with your visa question, I live and work here in England,but may I ask you a few questions, out of interest?

1) How long have you traded commodities as a self-employed trader? Have you made enough to retire?

2) Do you know of / frequent David Duty's CommonSenseCommodities forum ? I visit from time to time - it seems to be the best US BB I can find.

3) Have you considered SpreadBetting from the UK?, (as it's tax-free if you are a UK resident.)


68 5
Want to stay in UK for 2-3 years? Fly to France, get into the back of a truck before it crosses the English Channel, and claim asylum immediately you get into UK. Not only will you not need a visa, but you`ll get free accommodation and legal expenses the whole time you`re here.


Junior member
21 0
Cowman, have you tried the point system for skilled workers? Something like 25 points for graduate degree, 25 points for earning more than $100k last year. Not specific on those numbers but thats the idea. Other option, if you have enough money is as an investor or business person. Since you trade under a company name, you can say you are setting up an office here.

Also, US residents arent allowed to open spreadbetting accounts.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock