Any other swing traders?

Homeschoolma

29 0
Great! Do you swing trade or are you in the learning/research phase? I've been told my style is unorthodox, but it works well for me.

Rainmaker

201 3
I spent many months researching and backtesting but am now actively trading quite successfully. Would be happy to discuss via e-mail.

jvsmith

3 0
Yes, it seems to work well for me, I am currently experimenting with Kagi charts, which look quite good at picking out the swings and identifying exit points.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Rainmaker/Homeschoolma:

If you discuss it here, you'll find that very quickly all the other 'closet' swing traders will join in, and you'll have yourselves a merry swinging thread. :D

Absolutely Barmy

16 0
Thank for starting this thread.

Lets get it active

What to swing trade ?

I am looking at

Rio Tinto

Inchcape

at the moment

Which one's are you trading

John

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
John

I'm running longs in RB and CPG

Signal for short in mks, avz, bp which I haven't traded
(I won't trade against ftse trend)

good trading

jon

Homeschoolma

29 0
My favorites for holding long are CURE and WFT. For CURE take a look at it's chart for the past three years. With WFT look at it's Year-to-date chart. You'll see why I like them at this time.

Homeschoolma

29 0
Cute Jonny, I like your sense of humor.

Rainmaker, my e-mail address is [email protected]. I'm happy to share my strategies here for anyone who wants to share. I'm always looking for new ideas to improve my trading skills.

eddiecomestotown

15 0
CURE and WFT??

Homeschoolma,

Would like to know why you have choosen these shares. Im new to this game, and it wasn't obvious to me why you had choosen them.

Cheers

Homeschoolma

29 0
Re: CURE and WFT??

eddiecomestotown said:
Homeschoolma,

Would like to know why you have choosen these shares. Im new to this game, and it wasn't obvious to me why you had choosen them.

Cheers

I'll answer your question in two posts. The first will talk about these two stocks specifically, and the next (which will be very long) will talk about how I find them.

First I should remind everyone that I'm in the U.S. and trade stocks from our Nasdaq, NYSE, and Amex.

CURE is one that I've traded in the past and purchased last week. Look at it's chart for the past three years. Every year around September-October and March-May it does a sharp dip down to @ $13 per share, and then does a sharp rise. I hope to sell it around $17. Back in May I bought at @ $13 and sold too soon at $15.

WFT is one I found this weekend and purchased today. Look at it's chart. Just below $36 seems to be it's lowest point for the past year. I hope to sell at least at $38, but I'm going to watch and see how much can get out of it.

CURE is a Nasdaq stock and WFT is a NYSE stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock