Any Direct Access Trading Brokers in UK for Newbies?

Hi all,

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help here, I looked in the forums but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I've just recently started Day Trading on the FTSE 100 equity stocks and I'm currently using a broker (TD Waterhouse in London). The problem of course is that you cannot execute transactions buy/sell intantly online and this can lead to serious consequences, especially when you want to enter and exit a trade within a few moments of each other!

I found a couple of UK DAT (Direct Access Trading) brokers such as Interactive Brokers etc. However to setup an account with them you have to have dealt with at least a 100 trades under your belt, (don't quite know how they would want you to prove this) and it seems like you almost have to be a professional trader to join.

Does anyone know firstly if it's actually easy to setup an account for a newbie or wheather you know of any other broker with DAT in the UK that has less stringent account setup rules?

Really appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

Avais

you can open an account with IB as a newbie you are just being to honest in your application.

anyone know the charges for IB i couldnt figure them out on the site ....?
I believe its 1.70 GBP per contract on the FTSE 100 for example ?
Does that mean 100 GBP bet per point would cost 17 GBP ?
are there any other charges ?