UK FX Direct Access Dealers

tommog

Hello,

I think i may be missing something obvious but nearly every FX direct access broker i find on the internet always talks in terms of USD. Are there any UK brokers?

I know IB have an English version of their website but i would like to open a "mini account" rather than the standard account and i don't think IB do this.

PLease can someone suggest a Direct Access broker i could use that would suit my requirements.

Thanks a lot

IB do one account.

I think its £2000 to open an account so this really is a mini account!

JonnyT

tommog said:
Hello,

I think i may be missing something obvious but nearly every FX direct access broker i find on the internet always talks in terms of USD. Are there any UK brokers?

I know IB have an English version of their website but i would like to open a "mini account" rather than the standard account and i don't think IB do this.

PLease can someone suggest a Direct Access broker i could use that would suit my requirements.

Thanks a lot
Try CMC Forex
http://www.cmcgroupplc.com/us/forex/home.jsp

Also try FXCM

They are a us company but have a branch in London, FSA regulated and offer GBP denominated mini accounts.

fxcm.co.uk

thanks for your help will look into what you suggested.

Just wondering how close would you suggest leaving stops on an reasonably active trading strategy (20 trades a day on average) mainly trading breakouts of moving averages aiming for around 5-6 pips per sucessful trade (after spread).

I was considering 2 pips but feel that may be too close, i'd have to trade the breakout pretty much spot on.

cheers

tommog said:
thanks for your help will look into what you suggested.

Just wondering how close would you suggest leaving stops on an reasonably active trading strategy (20 trades a day on average) mainly trading breakouts of moving averages aiming for around 5-6 pips per sucessful trade (after spread).

I was considering 2 pips but feel that may be too close, i'd have to trade the breakout pretty much spot on.

cheers
If you are going to trade retail spot with a three pip spread I would suggest that you trade slightly longer term; the 3 pip spreads will kill you if you are only looking for 5 or 6 pips. If you really want to scalp, trade CME currency futures.

Cheers,

TRADERguy

I would have to disagree with Traderguy.
There are a few traders in the FX chat room who are able to scalp successfully on a consistent basis using retail brokers.
Why don't you pop into the chat room sometime Tommog, im sure these traders will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Faris..

thanks once again for your help, might see you in the chat room soon,
thank you

If you pay 3 pips and are looking for 5 or 6 you will be paying 35.3% of the profits (assuming there are profits) to the retail forex market maker. Commissions on CME currency futures will run you less than half a tic costing you 5.8% of your profits. If you pay the 1 tic spread (you can often avoid paying the spread by using limit orders) it will cost you another 11.75% of your profits.

Can a successful scalper can make money in retail forex? Sure but he would make far more using currency futures. Can a new trader who is learning the trade cover the high cost of retail forex while he is learning to scalp? Probably not. I have traded both futures and forex in timeframes from scalping to position trading and for scalping for a few tics per trade currency futures are the preferred market.

Cheers,

TRADERguy