Any Bristol traders out there?

Trading purely spot fx. Used to work on the fx desk at barcap and am just selling my fx (physical delivery for corporates) business here in Bath. Been mucking about for 3/4 years trading since leaving London but now getting warmed up to go back trading full-time.

As we've got a few interested and it seems like it will centre around Clifton/Central Brizzle we need somebody to act as a central point to organise this? Any volunteers .. am happy to do it if no-one else feels a burning desire?

Are you in touch with any of the people from last time? Do you think they might want to come along?

Any suggestions how we move this forward?

One of the guys I met last time is trading FX if he doesn't reply to this I'll give him a call on his mob I'm sure he'd be interested.

We met last time at Browns in Clifton, top of park st and sat outside (under cover). Why don't we meet there again? I can do midday as well any day next week except Monday, if that suits?? Or evenings, but I trade til 7ish so would have to be after that?

I worked in the City as well for a few years b4 making the sensible decision to get out!!

Hi Guys
Am a trading virgin (Only started looking into it 3 months ago and only paper trading currently) but would be very interested in meeting up with like-minded people.
Virgins welcome?
I'm living in Westbury on Trym at the moment so not far at all.
Richy

Next Taunton meeting: 7th June at noon
Temporary venue as follows:

The Farmers Inn at West Hatch, TA3 5RS.
Directions to the Farmers Inn...
Its right next to the RSPCA Centre at West Hatch. If you keep on going east
on the A358 past the Blackbrook Tavern for about two miles you will see a
sign post for the RSPCA Centre West Hatch. Turn right there (The Nags Head
Pub just after turning right) and basically just follow the sign posts for
the RSPCA for about two miles. The Farmers Inn is on the left just before
the RSPCA.

Farmers Inn Taunton - Luxury Country Hotels, Exclusive Accommodation, Somerset

Hi,

noticed this old thread trying to get people together in Bristol. Did anything come of it? Anyway, I would be interested. I have been investing fairly seriously in shares for some years, but starting to look at some things with more of a traders eye recently.

cheers

Hi,

Have been keeping an eye on T2W social threads for any meets in or around Bristol but haven't seen any in the last year so thought I'd make the suggestion. I'm based in Clifton, Bristol, are there any Bristol based traders out there that would be interested in an informal meeting once a month or every couple of months to have a good chat over a few drinks about trading strategies/ideas etc.

Regards,

Chris

Hello All, I was just about to create something along this line. Sounds like a very good idea. I've been trading for a while now. I manage my ISA myself, spread bet indices and trade forex aswell. Look forward to meeting some interesting soul around. Ade

Did this ever get going Chris? Great idea.

I live in Bath and am always flying about the place. Bristol is also good for me as I lots of family and friends that way.

Love to get a group of people together for informal chat about things. Being a swing/position trader .. I have time a plenty for a midday drink!!!

It would be great to hear from anyone keen ..

Hi,

I'm definetely interested in meeting people of like minds. But this thread seem to have been posted a while ago (IE before the effect of 'credit crunch' ) So I'd suggest we create a fresh one and see how many people we can get to kick this off.
Thanks,
Ade

Did a meet get arranged or a new thread started?

Hi,

I'm definetely interested in meeting people of like minds. But this thread seem to have been posted a while ago (IE before the effect of 'credit crunch' ) So I'd suggest we create a fresh one and see how many people we can get to kick this off.
Thanks,
Ade

Did a meet get arranged or a new thread started?

Would be great to meet up with like-minded peeps.

Bristol

Hello David,
Please give me your email/email me so that we can start talking about getting together at some point. I haven't been trading for too long myself and I'd be nice to get like minds together. my email address is [email protected].

Ade

Hi all,

I used to study in the University of Bristol and live in Stoke Croft. It turns out that I discovered this thread too late to join you...

Anyway, Bristol's a nice little city, I hope you can find some buddies there.

Hi All.
I often stay about 20 mins from Bristol centre.
So I'd be very interested in regular meetups.
My experience includes futures, forex and intermarket trading.

Please message me re your next meetup.Thx.

I'm looking to share experiences of forex with other traders in or around Bristol area.

There must be at least a handful of traders in Bristol!

if anyone are interest on arrange a meeting please let me know ASAP. As I want to organize a group to meet up regularly

Guy, I am new member here,and new to trading too. I live in Bristol and would love to be part of a local group. I am new to trading too - have read a few books and think have got a good handle on basics. But can't get hold of strategies that will win with some consistency.

Regards
Jai

Looks like there's a bit of an "underground" traders community in Bristol.

Also, are there any other experienced traders? I've been trading since 1999.
Looking fwd to us all meeting up. : )

Thanks for writing back. I just started last year and yet to find a the magic formula for consistency. Have aread a few books but consider myself a newbie. Lets poll for a group meet in Bristol sometime soon! Regards. Jai

Thanks for writing back. I just started last year and yet to find a the magic formula for consistency. Have aread a few books but consider myself a newbie. Lets poll for a group meet in Bristol sometime soon! Regards. Jai

I wasn't aware the amount of time trading has much relation to experience? I've read of so many people following different methods for years without any progress, and people that have concentrated on a singular, basic method and have been trading successfully and consistently within 6 months.

I am keen for a Bristol meet also. Traders from all trading backgrounds are welcome I guess, I'm currently (paper) trading forex with semi-naked charts.

Does someone want to start a poll? Maybe aiming for a new year meet..

Rowan