Any bets on what the Greeks will do this weekend

Guaranteed to see a many of them with brown olive oil stains on their pants as they walk down the streets.

It is not the average citizens fault that they are in hardship, this is reserved for all the politicians and bankers who contributed.

The Greeks are in a very difficult position and they know this, yet they are playing an excellent hand. if they go down, the whole euro zone could potentially go off like a box of fire crackers, does the euro zone really want or need this? The Greeks are squeezing for more favorable terms.

The EU is sick, the Greeks are guinea pigs and scapegoats for now, but they may actually come out of this as vanguards.

1. Well - yes, why indeed, but Cyprus falls the minute Greece falls.
And Cyprus seems to have bucketloads of Forex Cos based there.
If I used one, right now I would be well clear of it.

2. All sorts of donuts do. Thats business, sometimes.

Do you know who these companies bank with or where they keep their money?

having a position in this market is suicide, if you go long and theres no qe next week, no majority party, your gonna be pretty ruined. If you go short and everythings fine the rally will rip your face off.
who knows, it might be like the end of fight club, except without a bang.

Put a straddle on, though pretty much everyone else has also so it might not be of value.

having a position in this market is suicide, if you go long and theres no qe next week, no majority party, your gonna be pretty ruined. If you go short and everythings fine the rally will rip your face off.
who knows, it might be like the end of fight club, except without a bang.

A lot of ppl will be cleaning up over just this weekend, its up to everyone to work out how and why, only then can they profit.

I believe the answer lies in mythology.

Perhaps these times will similarly be remebered in print or scribed in stone, maybe twisted a little, perhaps to rival the great gods of bush, blair, kissinger, rumsfeld, rod hull et al.

Time team mmmxxxlll will have a field day, pardon the pun.

A lot of ppl will be cleaning up over just this weekend, its up to everyone to work out how and why, only then can they profit.

I believe the answer lies in mythology.

Perhaps these times will similarly be remebered in print or scribed in stone, maybe twisted a little, perhaps to rival the great gods of bush, blair, kissinger, rumsfeld, rod hull et al.

Time team mmmxxxlll will have a field day, pardon the pun.

I might, if I knew what it was.

Dont you normally get notified by email if there are any new posts on a topic you subscribed to? I had one email after the first comment but nothing since. I log on today and there are 4 pages.

Anyway, we will find out soon enough. Does anyone know when the results will be anounced? Is it before the open tonight?

Best thing that could happen for them is a decision to leave the euro. Short term pain for long term gain

message from a broker in Cyprus below.....

For your convenience please find below some useful information and the likely timeline relating to the Greek Elections:

On Sunday 17th of June at 19:00-21:00 the first exit polls will be announced.
After 21:00 the first official results will start to come out.
Around midnight we will have the first official results (estimated that 10%-15% of the votes will have been counted)

Early in the morning on Monday 18th of June the final results of Greek Elections will be known.
Later on in the afternoon the Greek President, Karolos Papoulias, according to the constitution of Greece, will give the order to the leading party to form a coalition government.

This is a procedure that could take anything from a few hours to two or three days, if we take in consideration the last elections that we had three attempts over a period of one week before they gave up the efforts of forming a coalition government.

You have to keep in mind that for a new government to exist, it needs to have at least 151 of the 300 seats in the Greek Parliament. The party with a plurality of votes gets a bonus of 50 seats and the remaining 250 are distributed proportionally according to the percentages obtained by those parties that received at least 3% of the vote. Therefore, the outcome is dependent on the party that comes in first, the number of parties that get into Parliament with at least 3% of the vote and the percentage that each party achieves

Later on in the afternoon the Greek President, Karolos Papoulias, according to the constitution of Greece, will give the order to the leading party to form a coalition government.

Sounds like a set up if they already know it's a coalition. The EU should drum these clowns out and be done with it.

On Sunday 17th of June at 19:00-21:00 the first exit polls will be announced.
After 21:00 the first official results will start to come out.
Around midnight we will have the first official results (estimated that 10%-15% of the votes will have been counted)

Bear in mind that those are local hours. At 19:00 (local hours-17:00 GMT) the voting stops and the first exit polls will be announced (it is illegal in Greece to announce an exit poll before voting stops, so there is no influence to the outcome of the elections). After 21:00 we will have the first official results.By 00:00 we will have the official result from at least the 40% of the votes, so an accurate estimate could be possible. There is a tech company called Singular Logik (the one that is responsible from transmitting the results from the voting centers to the relevant Ministry) that about that time in the previous elections made a very accurate estimate which was the official result. I think the same will apply to day. Anyway I will be watching online Greek TV,so I will try to keep you posted :):)

As to an estimate about the elections:

My personal opinion is that the "conservative" party New Democracy (and in favor of the bail out)will marginally win and therefore get the 50 seats bonus for the first party. They will then try to form a coalition with the other pro bailout party PA.SO.K.. The thing is that those seats may be sufficient this time as New Democracy is expected to get around 25% this time as opposed to 18.85% the previous time. Even if those seats are not sufficient there are two small parties that ,most probably, participate in forming a government. These are "Democratic Left" and "Creation Again". The latter didn't enter the parliament in the previous elections but it is expected to do so in those elections. Both leaders said that the country needs to get a government this time and would not want another round of elections. The only trouble with this scenario is who is going to be the Prime Minister as many may have objections to the leader of New Democracy Antonis Samaras being the Prime Minister. In this scenario SY.RiZ.A. and its leader Alexis Tsipras will continue to do what they have been doing all these years. Complain, protest,etc but never suggest any viable solution...

If SY.RIZ.A. wins then everything gets complicated... They will not be able to form an independent government but they would need to form a coalition. However, not so many parties are willing to participate in such government ,if they stick to their plans to cancel the memorandum... Then another round of elections cannot be excluded. I have to admit that they have done a great job convincing the Greek voters that they can cancel the memorandum and end the austerity without any major implications, which is unrealistic. I can tell you that members of my family in Greece will vote for him in spite of me explaining to them that those promises are false... So, let us hope that they won't be the first party and get the 50 seats bonus...

Evangelos

Attachments

• greek result.jpg
    greek result.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 163