Any bets on what the Greeks will do this weekend

Mata Nui

341 22
I think same situation as last time with numbers slightly different. More opposed the the bailout (or for re-negotiating the terms) since the Spanish seem to have got a much better looking deal. Not enough to make a government though.

NVP

Legendary member
36,767 1,880
I think same situation as last time with numbers slightly different. More opposed the the bailout (or for re-negotiating the terms) since the Spanish seem to have got a much better looking deal. Not enough to make a government though.
Any bets on what the Greeks will do this weekend

feck all as usual !! :LOL:

Reactions: The Leopard

BeginnerJoe

3,329 350
My broker don't want any bets this week end and telling their customers they might loose their monies.

NVP

Legendary member
36,767 1,880
sorry..its still "feck all"..........

glyder

Established member
753 93
So far as possible business exposure to Greece Cyprus Spain Italy and the EZ is being limited in case of potential market turmoil following Sunday's vote in Greece. Noone wants their funds under capital controls.
If anyone has an account with one those Cyprus based Forex companies I would say don't wait and see what happens, get your money out NOW.

NVP

Legendary member
36,767 1,880
why limit it to Cyprus based companies ?

what donut would be holding funds in any southern based eurozone country ?

N

glyder

Established member
753 93
why limit it to Cyprus based companies ?

what donut would be holding funds in any southern based eurozone country ?

N
1. Well - yes, why indeed, but Cyprus falls the minute Greece falls.
And Cyprus seems to have bucketloads of Forex Cos based there.
If I used one, right now I would be well clear of it.

2. All sorts of donuts do. Thats business, sometimes.

p-lab

189 12
play the classic 2/4/4 I imagine - what have they got to lose?

The Leopard

Experienced member
1,877 1,020
What will they do this weekend? Probably riot, evade tax and live way beyond their means at someone else's expense whilst begging for the money that they need to keep their country operating beyond next month and moaning that people who are lending to a clearly bankrupt basket case have a few conditions they want attached to the loan.

Some people working in dangerous professions like hair dressing will probably hit 50 this weekend, so they'll be retiring.

Ross Spur

2,293 172
Throw some plates around, then come to the conclusion that the square of the hypotenuse doesn't equal the square of the euro.

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
My bet is that after the election they will, all, take a couple of months to figure out a solution.

The whole setup suggests, to me, a complete lack of urgency on the side of European leaders. The real reason behind that being, of course, that no one wants to be the one to go down in history books as the instigator of any decision that could go wrong.

Could you imagine Barroso, for instance, having a sign on his desk that says "The buck stops here?" I can't!